Eclipse GSX gets a look at the rear of a TR

B

Buickman3

Well my brother asked me to take my truck to go see Bon Jovi last night. I said sure but I am gonna take out the TR and leave my GN in the garage. So I pull into the local Dunkin Donuts to grad a Bacon and Egg. See this kid I know pull in in his Eclipse GSX. He is one of the fastest import guys around here. Claims 13.9X's from a G-Tech. I ask him if he wants to run. He agrees we head down to our spot. My buddy who was riding with me agrees to flag us(I will never ask him to that again). Well we line up and start building some boost. My buddy raises his hands while I am at 1PSI and he drops them 2 seconds after he raises them. I thought for sure the GSX would get me off the line being AWD and all. But no the Buick pulls hard on him. I get him by 3-4 cars and shut down before our quarter mile marker. We pull over and talk about the poor starts we had(not leaving with any boost). He says I would have won either way. He is a really cool kid and his car is very nice too. He later took me for a ride and that car handle and rides like a dream. The blow-off vavle sounds neat too. Well that ends my little story. So now that I beat one of the fastest none of the import guys will race my brother or me. What a shame...HeHe. :) -Mat-

Nice kill Matt, nice to see you held off the awd launch. I noticed your from connecticut, i live in sherman which is about 15 miles north of danbury bordering NY. Do you live anywhere near here, i've only met one other gn owner in my area with a very clean 87.

wow, you had to go pretty far back to find this original post from july of 2001!!!!! what gives?

WoW man, you suck. HaHa. Been a while since I posted on here. Time to make a new name, this one blows. Oh yeah your car is slow too. -Mat-

Listen traiter ( matt now has a 03 Cobra and a junk lightning pickup)(both slow) you GN and your brothers and your fathers(buickman3) all added together couldnt keep up with my car, That is why you always call me for advice!CHUMP:p