emissions in illinois

the wrath

i heard a rumor that illinois is supposed to kill testing on obd1 vehicles in feb of 07 has anyone else heard of this?

I was at an advanced evap class with members of envirotest. That is the company that does testing for illinois. they said that they were not going to test cars older than 1996 starting feb 2007. . but they also said their is other companys that were going to try to set up testing stations to test older cars .but they told us that it would cost to much money to open new test centers.the way they were talking is that by 2008 there would not be enough OBD1 cars on the street to keep emissions stations open. If you watch they are closing stations down . I know the one in hillside is closed for good.Im am not tring to start any rumors. . This is what i was told.Now to cover my ass.:biggrin: I am a firm believer in the clean air act. So if your driving your car on the street you should obey all state laws and not alter any emissions components.

Sweet! Finally moving my plates from MI to IL in Feb 07 :D As far as I can tell I'm legal, but I didn't want to risk it. I still split my time equally between the two states so I think I'm in the good.

Yeah, just last month I was still in factory training with Toyota/Lexus, and our intructor had to leave for 3 days to go to Toyota regional training himself, and when he came back he told us the news straight from Toyota. No emissions for OBD1 starting early next year.

emissions test in Illinois

You know I have been telling people for years, there is no reason to take the emissions test in Illinois with the Grand Nationals. The state has a form that you fill out and retrun and they give you a waiver for the duration. The only catch is that you have to insure your car right. Agreed Value insteaded of stated value. I found this out at the testing lanes in Downers Grove about 10 years ago. My car never passed and they gave me the form. All I do is make copies of the blank form and fill out a new one each time I get a notice.

Illinois Public Act 094-0848

(6) The following vehicles are not subject to
inspection:

(I) Vehicles operated exclusively in organized
amateur or professional sporting activities, as
defined in Section 3.310 of the Environmental
Protection Act.

(L) Vehicles of model year 1995 or earlier
that do not have an expired emissions test sticker or
certificate on February 1, 2007.

You know I have been telling people for years, there is no reason to take the emissions test in Illinois with the Grand Nationals. The state has a form that you fill out and retrun and they give you a waiver for the duration. The only catch is that you have to insure your car right. Agreed Value insteaded of stated value. I found this out at the testing lanes in Downers Grove about 10 years ago. My car never passed and they gave me the form. All I do is make copies of the blank form and fill out a new one each time I get a notice.

The form is also available online here:
http://www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim/forms/show-car.pdf

Illinois Public Act 094-0848

(6) The following vehicles are not subject to
inspection:

(I) Vehicles operated exclusively in organized
amateur or professional sporting activities, as
defined in Section 3.310 of the Environmental
Protection Act.

(L) Vehicles of model year 1995 or earlier
that do not have an expired emissions test sticker or
certificate on February 1, 2007.

what is this about?????

so what do u do if your car doesnt pass emissions before the deadline how do u get the suspesion off your car if the dynos will be gone?

I have a suggestion D.

If they wont clear the car without it first passing, then I would just transfer ownership. That means u would actually have to put the car in ur name for a while and hope one of ur "Baby's Momma's" dont try to take it. ;) . Give me a call.

i see rabbit that you are smiling like the guy in the enzyte commercial with your 11 second woody in your signature good work

i would go to the local place and ask them. thats what i am going to do in april when i get the red notice.