Engine choke 5psi boost

Geezy

Hello,
Sorry if this in the wrong section, and tried to search , but seems as no one else has had the same issue.

The issue I am having is my 87 GN rubs great under normal street driving, Once I go into boost 5psi-10psi for about a 2 blocks the car with turn off, oil/choke idiot lights tuns on and car dies, when I come to a stop and put in gear starts right up again as long as no boost car will not shut off.
No scanmaster trouble codes. BL is 115-128
INT:128 range
Fuel pump was just installed on 2/01/17 along with new tank,is high flow 255lp
I have a kenne bell fuel pump booster as well if that makes a difference
Spark plugs are new and new wires
No idle issues no oil pressure issues
Any ideas as to what to look for would be greatly appreciated
Thank you fellow GN brothers.

Check to see if your positive battery cable is shorting out on your exhaust when the engine torques over under boost.

and remove the large nut on the starter and look at the wires where they connect to the ring terminal.

...this if after you put another 5 or 10 gallons in the car and make sure you're not running out of gas.

and remove the large nut on the starter and look at the wires where they connect to the ring terminal.

...this if after you put another 5 or 10 gallons in the car and make sure you're not running out of gas.

Im going to check the starter, gas tank is full. Under regular driving. Not cut off issues. How ever I do have a new mini starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check to see if your positive battery cable is shorting out on your exhaust when the engine torques over under boost.

Will do, thankyou for the input! Greatly appreciated!

Also watch your battery voltage on the scanmaster. I had a car doing the same thing. It was running at 10 volts. I would take that booster pump out too, you don't need that antiquated add on.

Also watch your battery voltage on the scanmaster. I had a car doing the same thing. It was running at 10 volts. I would take that booster pump out too, you don't need that antiquated add on.
Battery was at 13.6 as for the fuel pump booster I din even know what it does, it was on the car when it was purchased 15 years ago, drive the car a couple weeks and parked it for 14 years. Barely researched it a few months ago. Thankyou for the input! Keep the insights coming Im going to check all possible issues.

The Boost-a- Pump is a good add on that only brings positive things to the table. There's no good reason to remove it short of it being defective in some way.

The Boost-a- Pump is a good add on that only brings positive things to the table. There's no good reason to remove it short of it being defective in some way.

I had a friend buy a GN years ago. That "boost a pump" was garbage. Removed it, car ran like a champ. How does he or you know that it's not defective? I can't say anything around here lately without a some form of backlash.

Do you have a boost a pump on your ride??

I had a friend buy a GN years ago. That "boost a pump" was garbage. Removed it, car ran like a champ. How does he or you know that it's not defective? I can't say anything around here lately without a some form of backlash.

Do you have a boost a pump on your ride??

You are very correct its worth taking a look, because How do I even know it works? Thanks for you comment

You are very correct its worth taking a look, because How do I even know it works? Thanks for you comment

You're welcome man. Also try to get a fuel gauge on the car to make sure fuel pressure rises with boost. After sitting that long, you may have a clogged up return line to the tank. That will cause fuel pressure to drop. If you eliminate it being a fuel problem, then there's other things to look into.

You're welcome man. Also try to get a fuel gauge on the car to make sure fuel pressure rises with boost. After sitting that long, you may have a clogged up return line to the tank. That will cause fuel pressure to drop. If you eliminate it being a fuel problem, then there's other things to look into.

I will do! Thanks for all the help, soemtimes its hard to ask on here because I get flamed, but honestly I am not that informed about my GN as I should be. I started doing researched when I decided to take it out in MarCh 16'.

And is that you on Instagram that was asking about a TA-49?

Yeah, but I decided not go that route, rather just rebuild my stock. I know kingzbuild so Thats why I asked him. My Gn is pretty much stock so I rather just just keep it oem if it turns out Its bad

But how to find out its defective? I have a switch where the ashtray was but thats it, seems power is there but still dont know if it even works

Yeah, but I decided not go that route, rather just rebuild my stock. I know kingzbuild so Thats why I asked him. My Gn is pretty much stock so I rather just just keep it oem if it turns out Its bad

Over the past few years, flaming has become normal on here. You have a few dudes running around stroking each other off, as if their word is of god, they are right and everyone else is wrong. I think that's why most people just go on Facebook now and the reason a few vendors have left. I'll probably get shit for this comment but I'm Turboelky, my actions have no filters.

Over the past few years, flaming has become normal on here. You have a few dudes running around stroking each other off, as if their word is of god, they are right and everyone else is wrong. I think that's why most people just go on Facebook now and the reason a few vendors have left. I'll probably get shit for this comment but I'm Turboelky, my actions have no filters.

I get what you mean, I have a had a few comment things, but The way I see it is, it the internet, the streets is another. Bet they would not come at in correct in the street. So, I brush it off. Now some old school mechanics are jerks at first and them once you earn they open up the treasure chest full of goodies. So ehh, brush it off and keep it moving

Appreciate the help tho man! Thanks and to everyone else offering knowledge and insight on this forum!