Engine question

Nelson Ramos

I baught a car about a year ago. When I got it the seller dident give me full details. He told me the engine is stroked with champion heads. What does "Stroked" mean? How can I get more details of the engine without opening it up? I think it has 82 or 80lbs injectors has fast system 70mm turbo.front mount rjc.

N. Ramos
Brooklyn NY

Only way to know for sure is to.open it up. Take some pics of the heads and the oil pan area.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The easiest way to see if it's "stroked" (has a longer stroke than stock) is to find a displacement tool that fits in the spark plug hole. Most of the time this is used at circle tracks to check for engines that aren't legal for the class they're racing. It measures 1 cylinder and you multiply by number of cylinders to see what the displacement is.

The other way that might work is to have 1 cylinder at TDC and all plugs out. Put something in the hole at TDC and then mark it. Now turn that 1 cylinder to BDC and mark the rod that's in the spark plug hole when it hits the bottom of the stroke. Pull the rod out and measure between the 2 marks. Stock will be 3.4" and longer than that will be stroked.;)

Tdc is top dead center. Bdc is bottom dead center.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app