ET streets

bob brady

3 black cars
have any of you guys had any trouble with the new et streets? my buddy bought a pair from summit and they vibrated at highway speed! he exchanged them and had the same problem with the second set, even after balancing them twice. he eventually bought nittos. now its my time for a new set but i want et streets!! any input?

I had the same problem. I tried balancing them new and one was looking for an insane amount of weight. Turned 180, same issue. Swapped rims same issue with same tire. Threw the wheels on, did a 3 gear burnout, went back and balanced fine. Seemed like the tire had a hop to it, just knocked off the high spot i guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are shitty to balance and have very high road force. With my experience including my personal car I do the following :

Ensure the wheels are centered on the balancer. This is crucial.

Static balance only. Static balance fixes the radial imbalance forces (up and down) which is 4x more perceivable to the driver than couple (side to side) forces. You will eliminate most percievable vibration by doing it this way and using adhesive weights in the center of the wheel barrel without driving yourself crazy trying to get the couple forces fixed which you probably won't feel anyway. I am not the type to recommend static balance but for these I do. Forget dynamic balance and road force measurements unless you have a horrible vibration afterwards that you know is from the tire / wheel assemblies. Good luck

All that said, they are good tires for their purpose

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited:
I have a set. No issues whatsoever. What size are you looking at?

e24cc38815f90218cb5eeb0a65bd5a92.jpg

This is the one i had issues with.

There was a major problem some time ago with them. I know of a couple instances where they felt terrible on the highway. Switching to the Pros was the solution at that time

The SS in that picture are the replacements for the ET Streets. I haven't used any yet

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.