External pump set up (E-85)

incharge

Ok I want to go with a fuel lab external pump so I can feed my Stage 2 motor enough E-85, I currently have a RA double pump that will not keep up . How do you feed the pump with the stock tank ? Do I need to add a sump to the stock tank ?? Also can you run a #10 feed to the rail in the stock location and keep the fuel regulator in the stock location .. Has any one done this setup and do you have any install tips or pics?? My combo is a Stage 2 4.1 stroker with 120# injectors and a solid roller 224/224 74 GTQ turbo, Alky injection , etc.....

You can buy a new gas tank and have a sump welded on or do the fuel cell in the trunk.

As far as the fuel rail, your going to be flowing a lot of fuel so I would suggest using the champion fuel rail with an external fuel pressure regulator. With the money you have tied up in the engine right now I wouldn't skimp on the fuel system - do it right the first time!

It will work without a sump, you need to make a 1/2" pickup tube in the sender, only thing i noticed is the pump gets noisy below a 1/4 tank of gas. You will need to connect a hobbs switch to go to high speed mode. The pump takes 7 amps on low and 20 amps on high. ITs a fairly noisy pump, but being its a 2 speed design its much better than the magnafuel for street use.

162_6206.JPG

Norbs did you leave the stock fuel hanger in place with out the pump so the fuel gauge still works ? Did you just drill out a hole in the hanger and weld a 1/2 tube for the pick up ? I thought that the fuel lab would not suck up fuel that it had to be gravity feed ?? thanks for any info and the pics are great ...

I left the stock hanger inside i added another piece of 1/2" dia steel line with a -10 sharp 90 beside it connected to a ford fuel sock(plastic). By having the fuel line come down and then up again as you see it, it kinda creates a trap like your sink is designed.:)

Just for your info the pump broke after 10 minutes of use and i had to send it back. Since then they have updated the electronics to make them more reliable.

Check out the 2nd Sticky (Billet fuel sender/pickup) in this Section....you may have another option to sumping your fuel tank.
Conrad
"Hot Air"

What kind of pick-up did you use for the supply?And did you bolt the pump using the floor or did you use some type of bracket / angle iron?

You can put the external pumps inline with the in-tank pump and it will work fine. With the external pumps sucking fuel , they "unload" the in-tank pumps, allowing them to deliver much more fuel flow since they are delivering against almost zero outlet pressure.

I have seen a few guys do that, I have a NA sender on mine and it has a 3/8'' supply the Weldon pump I am using says you can mount above fuel cell so we will see if it works ok

in the directions for the fuel lab pump it says not to use a stock location style pick up always use a bottom sump