External Wastegate gasket

Rosey1968

So I think I blew my first external wastegate gasket since I bought my '87 GN. I was told the car has a Terry Houston downpipe... not sure of the brand of the external wastegate. Engine details in my signature.

The first image is a picture of the setup and the second is a pic of the gasket I believe is blown.

I did some snooping around believe what I need is a 38MM gasket... does that sound about right?

Being new to GN's...which is the best? Best place to get them? and should I stock up on these? My car runs 21 lbs of boost max on the street setting.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 128
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 121
I had some time and took off the wastegate. The gasket was toast for sure. the valve measures 38MM so I answered that question.

Now my questions is that can this wastegate be rebuilt/cleaned up or am I buying a new one? see pics.

For the life of me I cannot find a name or part number on the dam thing... that may be a clue that I am buying a new one.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    514 KB · Views: 100
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    506.1 KB · Views: 88
I don't run any gaskets on my headers or Downpipe . Just make sure they are flat . A smear of some high temp RTV and run it

Thank you for the reply gentleman.

I took apart the wastegate and it is fine. I will get it cleaned up and get it back together.

Thanks.