falls on its face

svtnos

well i took the GN for a small spin around the block tonight. i have a question because what happened didnt feel right. i was rolling maybe 10mph and then hit the pedal to the metal. at first i feel the car pulling then after a few seconds, it sounded like it had nothing left in her. i think i heard it back firing too. i let off the throttle right away and everything was fine. it seemed like the car was accelerating great, shifted into second, then had no more power left to move. it was pretty humid tonight. i just put a new battery in the car tonight too. could it be the computer just learning everything again and i didnt give it enough time? any advice would be great!

on a side note, i changed a couple vacuume lines yesterday because they were corroded. thanks again everyone!

Sounds like it overboosted, knocked like hell, the the ECM pulled lotsa timing. The backfire was prolly becuse it went lean.

Check the WG hoses for connection. Its common for them to get oil soaked and soft, then pop off.

Originally posted by TurboJim
Sounds like it overboosted, knocked like hell, the the ECM pulled lotsa timing. The backfire was prolly becuse it went lean.

Check the WG hoses for connection. Its common for them to get oil soaked and soft, then pop off.

WG is waste gate right? sorry, im real new to the darkside ;) could it have to do with the vacuume hoses i changed? the car was sitting for a long time, could it also be the gas thats in the car? thanks for your help guys!

If its the original useless fuel pump it probably couldnt keep up once you got on the boost and leaned the motor out. Contact Ramchargers and order their Walbro 340 kit/hotwire harness. I would not boost the car over 10psi until this is installed. Also put on a new fuel filter. This sounds like a classic ase of fuel starvation.

Get a Scanmaster, fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator before you boost it again, otherwise your looking at $2500 for a rebuild instead of $500 for parts that are necessary.

My car was the same. Replaced fuel pump and hot wired it and the car pulled strong (I thought) until around 4500rpm when it againwould fall on its face. Changed valve springs and car pulls strong through 5000rpm. :D

sounds good! thanks for the advice guys. im going to be trying to trouble shoot it this weekend. as soon as i get some more info ill post it up :)