FAST XFI Flex Fuel Sensor

jdpolzin

Are you guys using the old style sensors or the newer style like this? Any links on how to tie it in to the XFI?
$_3.JPG

It is pretty well documented in the E85 forum, but you will need to take the 3 wires coming out of the sensor and attach the signal to xfi pin A6, and attach power and ground

Is this newer sensor able to be used or do we need a converter box? Best to use the old style sensor?

I am not familiar with that sensor. It may work. Has anyone used it?

Im not sure. Its more streamlined and would be easier to mount under the car. But if its not the norm, ill stick to the old style sensors.

From what I have read the new style sensor will work. I would have gone that route but when I did my fuel system that wasn't a option. With the new sensor it would be much easier to install for sure

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

From what I have read the new style sensor will work. I would have gone that route but when I did my fuel system that wasn't a option. With the new sensor it would be much easier to install for sure

It does work, cause that is what I run. I have posted and stated that in many other post....

Do u have a part # for it or a link. Need one to. Thanks

GM# 13577394

The adapters for -6 are: Russel 640853
The adapters for -8 are: Russel 644003

This sensor has a through diameter of ~.310 minus a little ring where the sensor is in the middle. That's roughly as large as a -8 hose, so you don't have to make a branch circuit on your return line if you have a big fuel pump. I'm using it with a Weldon 2035, but not running yet. I'll update with how it works on the bypass side of the regulator when I get the car running again.

Thanks Mike just now looking for the fitting s too. U my hero too!! Mailed rail to you a few min ago to

It does work, cause that is what I run. I have posted and stated that in many other post....
Hi CGASTON

I just bought that new style flex fuel sencor off zeitronix and wired it the way the instuctions says. I bought with the flex fuel Ethanol Content Analyzer digital gauge . Off the top of my head I know there is 3 wires from the flex fuel sencor that go the the digital gauge(power, ground and signal) and then from the box there is another signal wire that I hooked up to the XFI 2.0 to the A6 port , but the fast xfi doesn't get the signal for the flex fuel sencor. How did you hook it up to the fast xfi 2.0? What did I do wrong?
Thanks ahead of time for your help,
Marco

You need to connect the signal wire from the sensor itself to A6, not the signal wire from your ethanol gauge.
Eric

Hi CGASTON

I just bought that new style flex fuel sencor off zeitronix and wired it the way the instuctions says. I bought with the flex fuel Ethanol Content Analyzer digital gauge . Off the top of my head I know there is 3 wires from the flex fuel sencor that go the the digital gauge(power, ground and signal) and then from the box there is another signal wire that I hooked up to the XFI 2.0 to the A6 port , but the fast xfi doesn't get the signal for the flex fuel sencor. How did you hook it up to the fast xfi 2.0? What did I do wrong?
Marco
Marco,

You are 98% correct. Take the A6 and I believe the green wire of the zeitronix and T them into the output of the sensor. I would highly recommend that your grounds are the the battery... It won't hurt to have the flex and the display ran of a relay.... but you don't have too... wouldn't use more than a 10 amp fuse.. they don't pull hardly any amps. Let me know.

Also in order to get the display to work.... you have to do as I stated here.

Thanks Eric and CGASTON for your help and advice, I will give this a try tomorrow. In the zeitronix instructions it says to hook up the flex fuel sencor output to the to the ethanol analyzer digital gauge (green wire) and the white/blue wire (ethanol % analog output) to the engine management system.
Thanks,
Marco

Hi CGASTON

Marco

Hey there, I just re-read you post. You bought the newer version..... So that model does connect different than mine. Are you using there 4-wire/3-wire harness? Do you have the WHITE/BLUE to A6? But I am surely positive that you need the green output of the flex sensor to go to A6 and Zeitronix...... If you didn't have the Zeitronix, you would be just running the Flex output to A6.... The output (white/blue) is probably the wire/output that runs to your gauge.

EDIT: Do you have the flex fuel bottom turned on?

Last edited: