Fastest on an 18" drag radial?

gdsims231

Who has had the fastest 60ft on a 18" drag radial. What tire? Was it consistent? What suspension mods....

I was told many years ago that a 17" tire will never hook like a 15".

Ive been trying but 1.75 aint nothin to brag about especially with the mods i got.
But hopefully this year Ive got some new friends with some knowhow maybe we can
crack off some 1.60s! We need to do some testing . Marleskater420 has alot of books
and energy so were gonna try real hard!

If so then you win! :D

I am sure there are cars that have been faster than mine. I am looking for a goal more than a competition.

What is the fastest 60 you have gone?

I took the car to the track for the first time 2 weeks ago on a bracket night. I only got to make 3 passes. The third pass was a 1.56. That was on Nitto 555r's. That is faster than I expected, but I believe it will go some low 1.40's on a radial prepped track after seeing the way it acted. I don't think it has the power to go 1.40 with its current setup, but the suspension pleasantly surprised me.

Ive been trying but 1.75 aint nothin to brag about especially with the mods i got.
crack off some 1.60s! We need to do some testing . Marleskater420 has alot of books

According to your signature our engine/trans/ conv setup are very similar at this time.

I'm on 17 DR's and did a 1.80 on a soft launch, 2-3lbs off the line. I'm sure they'll hold more but haven't been back to the track in awhile.

According to your signature our engine/trans/ conv setup are very similar at this time.
I have no experience with suspension so hopefully this year I can get some practice and tuning under my belt.The weight I have,3900 is pretty extreme.I would love to get a150.

Here is the cars weight and time slip. That was 7 psi launch on the trans brake w/o a 2 step with a chip and maf. It was fat through first gear and lean at the end of the track as far as I could tell. I didn't have a tach, shift light or any logging at the time.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.PNG
    IMG_0361.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    830.7 KB · Views: 113
I have no experience with suspension so hopefully this year I can get some practice and tuning under my belt.The weight I have,3900 is pretty extreme.I would love to get a150.

Unless mine was a fluke, I don't think you will have a problem. I think to a point the weight can actually help on the smaller radials.

Its impossible to go fast on an 18 inch rim! I mean look how slow this car is with 20 inch rims......:cyclops:

New Dodge Demon does a wheelie on 18" Nitto DRs and runs 9's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Energy, yes.

Knowledge? I dunno bout that one...

Start with the basics, listen to those who have done this before, make notes of every change, keep a log, and start working out the kinks.

This isn't high science, it is simply the process of elimination. We eliminate what doesn't work, and move forward from there.

Its impossible to go fast on an 18 inch rim! I mean look how slow this car is with 20 inch rims......:cyclops:

i wonder what that car 60's?

New Dodge Demon does a wheelie on 18" Nitto DRs and runs 9's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I guess the Demon gives something to shoot for. I would assume that is the best it did on a very well prepped track. At 4100 that's impressive. I don't think mine makes the power to get there currently.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 118
I have a set of M&H 325/4018 drag radials and they hook extremely well on the street. Never tried them at the track because they are just too damn expense to burn out like that at $300+ a piece. By time I do the conversion to Canadian with shipping, duties and taxes, I'm well over $1,000 for 2 tires.

Your 3900 with driver?
yes, was 3878 and then i got engaged.......hence the 3900.
Dont plan on getting married till i get my 1.50!
All kidding to the side. I drive to and from track with ac on
and let a bit of air out and go.
car has full sounds and I havent done a bit of lightening at all.

Last edited:
im running 285/40/18 nitto r and after about 20 ft it unloads off the trans brake @ 3# @ the track.
Ive tried long burnouts short burnouts and 15 #s of air up to 20 # of air so it s got to be in the pinion angle.
Im hoping its just a bit of more adjustment?
who knows but after seeing that ford do it I know we can get this buick's fat ass in the 50s!