Fastest on an 18" drag radial?

im running 285/40/18 nitto r and after about 20 ft it unloads off the trans brake @ 3# @ the track.
Ive tried long burnouts short burnouts and 15 #s of air up to 20 # of air so it s got to be in the pinion angle.
Im hoping its just a bit of more adjustment?
who knows but after seeing that ford do it I know we can get this buick's fat ass in the 50s!

You are on the same tire and close to the same weight as I am. If it hooks then unloads there are a few things that could be happening. If your car is set up to separate in the rear then you could be topping the shock and actually pulling the tire from the surface. If it squats in the rear then the shock is either allowing the car to bounce in the rear. The four link is too aggressive and you can't make the power to hold the leverage. Or it could be in the front end and the front shocks aren't holding it up and when it drops its unloading the rear. A good slow motion video should get you on the right track.

Well I thrashed for 2 weeks changing over to xfi so I could log my runs and make changes as need. In 3 days we made 8 dyno pulls (thanks Pressurized Solutions) and 14 passes. Cal did an outstanding Job on the start up tune. We eked out a modest 19.6 hp gain over what he sent. That's pretty dang impressive for an emailed tune. Chris Hogeland built an impressive stock block, crank and rods little engine. She held up to some rookie driving and tuning abuse (me)! The Janis transmission performed flawlessly. Track prep was good but not great and in terrible air we finally squeezed out a 6.98. That pass should have been a 90 flat if it had duplicated a couple of its better back halfs. I went from first into drive causing it to short shift second gear. I really didn't think it had the steam to go 1.4x on the Nittos but I was wrong a very happy to see it. We made one more to try and put it deep in the 40s but it chattered the tire badly and still went 1.55. Great weekend with the car, most damage we did was an exhaust leak on the last pass. I can live with that after all the abuse (rev limiter) she put up with this weekend!! Thanks to all the great vendors that have been working with me the last few months!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    967.6 KB · Views: 93