Finally back running. Time slip and log attached. Suggestions please.

You probably have to add wide open fuel. I don't know how the 6.1 chip works, but you start out way lean and the chip is adding fuel to hit your target at WOT. If you add roughly 20 to 25% fuel at wide open throttle, the BLM correction will come way down.

Solid advice, but if this were my car, I would do this second. First, would set the parameters (AFR, timing) in the 6.1 chip back to default parameters 10.8 and 10.8 as Eric has programmed. Turn the boost down a bit and try a track hit again. Shoot for a clean run, not a time.
-See if you are getting the KR you were having before.
-See if the BLMs do the same thing.
It could be that BLM was trying like hell to keep the 10.5 AFR which is rich.

Small steps. :)

Quick question, what is your base Fuel Pressure set at with line on, line off?

Solid advice, but if this were my car, I would do this second. First, would set the parameters (AFR, timing) in the 6.1 chip back to default parameters 10.8 and 10.8 as Eric has programmed. Turn the boost down a bit and try a track hit again. Shoot for a clean run, not a time.

Good deal, sounds like czimple could use some 6.1 tuning help, and I don't know how that chip works.

Well today I was out testing and watching the BLM. This is an issue I haven't dealt with before where do I start, because my FPSI and Inj DC are both in range.

Just saw this post. Per that link I posted in post #6, some of the primary causes of high BLMs:
-Header/crossover leak
-Vacuum leak
-Leaky fuel injector
-plugged fuel filter
-Fuel pressure set too low.

Recently, I had my BLMs jump up by 10 points to 138 pretty constantly. Found out that the vacuum cap I had over an open port had blown off. Replaced that and everything is back to normal.

As a reference, here is a picture of one of my last track runs. The BLM rose, but came back down.

Attachments

• reference run.jpg
    reference run.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 122
As a reference, here is a picture of one of my last track runs. The BLM rose, but came back down.
I would think you could tune most of the BLM rise out. The exact fuel curve is engine specific, but I would think that you could tune out the correction to within a few percent of required fuel.

I would think you could tune most of the BLM rise out. The exact fuel curve is engine specific, but I would think that you could tune out the correction to within a few percent of required fuel.
Thank you, I will give that a try. Raining now, so all fun is suspended.:(

Calibrate your wideband sensor in free air. If calibration is off and telling ecm the that you are a lil lean it could be adding fuel for no reason.

Base FP is 37 line off and 43 line on.

Thanks for the help.

Well, a whole new issue has arrived now It stumbles and stutters as it gets to about 4500 RPM and stops pulling. I just don't know what else to look for in the power logger software, as it looks like everything is in check.
I did install a used TR6 that had been in for service to Bob right before I got it, so I'm going to try my old coil setup to eliminate that rom the puzzle.

Here's what I have tried so far.
• Turned down the boost(Still need to go lower)
• Turn fuel pressure base line off to 41
• Set 6.1 chip back to Eric's defaults
• Checked for vacuum leaks and a quick look for pre turbo exhaust leaks.
• I think the BLM issue may have been fixed with the higher FP.

I'll attach a new log file to see if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• QuickSave.013.dat
    59.9 KB · Views: 104
FYI-The TR6 was installed before I started this post, not right before the new 4500 RPM issue.

Good, was hoping it was a resistor spark plug like the UR5. There have been issues with non resistor spark plugs causing ECM/Powerlogger issues like stutter and misfires.
Longshot, you might try gapping your plugs a bit tighter for E85, but they are probably fine at .030

Last thing I can think of is a cracked spark plug insulator. I had this and my car stuttered/broke up bad. Took me a month to figure out. Must have accidentally hit it with a wrench or something.

Thanks so much for all of your help so far Heskahoka. I'm going to try and swap the old coil back on tomorrow to see if the problem goes away. If it does, I'll probably have to send the TR6 back to Bob to have it checked out.

Checked with the stock coil, same issue.

Double checked grounds, replaced plugs with R42TS, put the TR6 back on, and cleaned the MAF and it is 95% better. I had just re oiled the K&N filter, so I'm not sure if that new oil will cause issues with the MAF.
Not sure which one helped, but at least we're moving forward.

What happened to your other thread? I was trying to help wanted a followup

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What happened to your other thread? I was trying to help wanted a followup

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Either I am in the twilight zone, or some threads disappeared from the board.

It got deleted when the server went down. So, I just went back to this one.