Finally took car to track

rag93vette

Well fri night my fiance and her friends went out clubbing so i decided i might run out to the track and just have a little fun.

Ive only had the car since May and other then the trip back from Bowling Green ive only put about 700 miles on the car. So im not to used to really getting on the car too hard because the tires just spin too easily.

So in the eighth i ran a 9.584 at 74.26 with a 2.342 60 ft and 9.374 at 74.72 with a 2.203 60 ft.

This is without any boost before launch. I did notice myself easing the car off the line and thinking to myself "why dont i have the pedal to the floor?" The second time i got on it a little quicker.

Im just so used to taking off gently that i really couldnt break the habit so easily!

Ive tried a few times on empty roads with building boost at the line and at 2-3 lbs all it does when i let off the brake is spin the tires.

I may take it out again to see if i can improve since i picked up over 2 tenths just changing the way i launched.

Originally posted by rag93vette
Well fri night my fiance and her friends went out clubbing so i decided i might run out to the track and just have a little fun.

Ive only had the car since May and other then the trip back from Bowling Green ive only put about 700 miles on the car. So im not to used to really getting on the car too hard because the tires just spin too easily.

So in the eighth i ran a 9.584 at 74.26 with a 2.342 60 ft and 9.374 at 74.72 with a 2.203 60 ft.

This is without any boost before launch. I did notice myself easing the car off the line and thinking to myself "why dont i have the pedal to the floor?" The second time i got on it a little quicker.

Im just so used to taking off gently that i really couldnt break the habit so easily!

Ive tried a few times on empty roads with building boost at the line and at 2-3 lbs all it does when i let off the brake is spin the tires.

I may take it out again to see if i can improve since i picked up over 2 tenths just changing the way i launched.

You have a lot of room for improvement, try a set of drag radials knocking down that 60ft from 2.3 to say 1.7 or 1.8 will put you in the 8.70's or 8.80's 1/8 mile, high 13 in the quarter.

What are your mods?