FITECH

Several people have on v8's however no one on this site is running one on their draw through setup. Really no benefit IMO perhaps better fuel mileage and slight response increase. Everything about the turbo plumbing and the intake manifold it's bolted too are the power killers.

ANYBODY replaced their carb with fitech fuel injection?
i was going to go with Fitech on a 66 chevelle but after a ton of research -- it looks like the biggest complaint was bad customer service.
The Holley system has great reviews and is supposed to have really good customer service.

Several people have on v8's however no one on this site is running one on their draw through setup. Really no benefit IMO perhaps better fuel mileage and slight response increase. Everything about the turbo plumbing and the intake manifold it's bolted too are the power killers.

Has anybody ever tried a port & polish on the turbo housing "foot" and the intake manifold? I have spares of each to play with, but I don't know if it would even be worth the effort.

Dr,Frankenstein on here his name is A.J.
This guy who does visit here has done a lot of testing with the footed turbo and it wasn't looking good for any form of the turbo ported or otherwise. As I recall without digging up the thread, the 90* turn foot contributed to heating things up too much regardless of porting. The best idea came out of that study: Get rid of the footed compressor cover.

I've been playing with a '02 Regal GS as a daily driver. I have HP tuners, which let's me program the ECM and record data. Make a ¼ mile run, review the data, then tweak the timing and fueling. It's great.

I am considering using EFI on my '82. Not for fuel economy or better drivability, but for the data recording and control over the ECM. The stock '82 ECM is too slow to useful for anything. I've tried adding a data recorders, and that's been frustrating too.

I wouldn't recommend a simple EFI. For me, it must integrate with a laptop for data recording/viewing and have control over the timing & injectors. If I could record and control my '82s engine like the '02, I'd be very happy.