? for Razor.

wheelin

Razor I did a search on methyl hydrate here some people said you can use it but I would like your thoughts on it. P.S getting your kit installed today or tommorow can't wait.Wanted to use this untill I can get some denatured stuff.

thx mike

Source out Methanol. Methyl hydrate is used in a pinch when there is nothing else available. In Canada its an issue, keep looking.. somebody carries it.

Tho I have shops in Canada that have/can get methanol. Dont know in Vancouver..

My understanding is that Methyl Hydrate is another term for Methanol (?) In Canada we are able to buy Methy Hydrate in a 99.9% pure form for about $7/Gallon (CDN).

That is all I have been using with my kit from Julio and it works great. I was able to run 116mph with Sunoco 94 and alky with no knock at about 27-28psi. This was with an unopened motor. I would have like to push her harder but that was all my little 7-year old TA60 could muster........

As an aside, another GN owner on this board went 122 with an unopened motor, 94 octane and Methy Hydrate in Razor's kit........

In Canada, it's cheap, easy and it works !!!

Methyl Hydrate is methanol. This is what I run.
Do a google search.

We can get it at Home Depot or any other big box store for a couple of bucks a gallon but no alky. Hint for you guys who live near the border. ;)

Jst contact your local VP fuels distributor and you can get it from them.

In your case Mike, you can get Ray and Jan's # from their ad in our Newsletter.

c&cgn said:
Jst contact your local VP fuels distributor and you can get it from them.

In your case Mike, you can get Ray and Jan's # from their ad in our Newsletter.

Yes your right Clayton just went over there and got 5 gallons and a container,btw they charge 7 bucks a gal which is good.

mike

Meth is 2.50/gal. here. If what you are talking about is the same thing then turn up the boost. My engine is unopened, boost will be 30+ below 85 degrees F. I have a HD wastegate act that has been shortened .25" with a spring that is thick and impossible to stretch using fingers only. Tune is tight and so are the butt cheeks of any passengers that are privaleged enough to get a ride :D