Ford Turbo Diesel Problem

craggar

I don't have much info but thought someone can probably have a good guess at what might be the problem. It's a friends truck and he's out of town right now.
Anyway it's a Turbo Diesel 2000 ish pick up. He just had a tune and injectors changed which made it run quite a bit better. He says his problem is only in 1st gear it takes forever for the turbo to spool. Seems fine in the rest of the gears.(Manual tranny)
Would an exhaust leak do this? And only be real noticable in 1st? Thanks for any ideas.

If you inspect the vehicle closely I think you will find that the manufacturer circled the problem. Try looking on the grill or the tailgate.:D Then get a cummins!

I already told him that Ford was the problem. He races a Chev so he's not all bad.:smile:

Jim it's all stock, and it's does feel real lazy he said. Not sure about the smoke but will pass the link on and ask him about the smoke next time I talk to him. He's down in Vegas picking up another F##d right now.:confused:

I'd prefer the Duramax myself but the Cummins would still do over a Powerstroke.
Thanks for the info guys, I forwarded the link to him so maybe they can help him. I'm washing my hands of this now before I get a bug or something from it.:)