Found a broken wire....

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Probably a longshot, but with all of the experience on here someone should have an idea. I was looking at my motor directly in back of the coil down by the open space and found a wire just laying against the firewall. Once again...this is a longshot. My plan is to get under it and trace it to its origin but maybe someone has seen it before. It seems to be a brown, dark orange..maybe a dirty pink..i used a pair of mechanical fingers
20170611_123821.jpg
to fish it out, so that whats holding it in the picture
Any suggestions?

If it's purple and thick it's your starter/ignition wire . It would hook to your starter

Car starts fine. Takes a few turns to crank over but never the less it starts

Purple is also 12v signal to your torque converter. Check to your plug on the trans and test continuity of the purple wire. The other end is on the brake switch.

Brake switch, is that on the powermaster? Maybe its something i cut when i yanked that god forsaken powermaster and went hydroboost..

Not sure where it is on a power master set up but on my vac brakes it's on the mount for the pedal under the dash. Same place as your cruise and brake light switch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It goes to the proportioning valve, e-brake or the pressure switch on the power master. Any of them will turn your idiot brake light on. So it's the same wire. Just find out which "leg" of the loop is broken.