Found my slow battery drain, in circuit for 'PWR BRK'?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I think I've found my very slow battery drain, battery would be completely dead after 3-4 weeks of sitting.
I began pulling fuses one by one as the current from the battery was 0.15-0.20 and when I pulled the one labeled 'PWR BRK', it went to 0.02-0.04.
What is the 'PWR BRK' fuse for? Power master brakes I figured but I stuck the fuse back in and disconneected all of the wires to the brake motor and the switch and it had no effect on the draw??
Also, it doesn't seem to pull a draw all of the time.
Any ideas what to do next or if this is in fact the brakes?
Thanks

Bet it's the coolant fan delay relay. Big one drivers side in the back.

Take it out and put it in your sock drawer, that's where I keep mine. :)

i second that unplug the delay relay and see if it goes away or even tap on it while watching the draw and see if it changes.

the power for power master and the delay relay are the same wire.

if you follow the power off your power master it goes over and ties in at the delay relay.

Originally posted by salvageV6

Take it out and put it in your sock drawer, that's where I keep mine. :)
Thanks for the tip Reds and salvage, do it not need the fan delay relay at all or what's it purpose?

thats the one that will let the fan stay on after you cut the car off till it cools down.

i took mine apart and found it to be all rusted up inside so i gutted it so it wont work and put it back so it looks like its there but its empty...(kinda like my head) :D

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
thats the one that will let the fan stay on after you cut the car off till it cools down.

That's interesting because mine has never stayed running after I cut the car off, and thats been for the last 12 years! My TTA will run for about 30 seconds sometimes, and a friends GN will run for several minutes, but my GN never has.
I'll check it out this afternoon and see.

It is toast trust me on that one.

Either buy a new unit which should work in Texas heat or simply take it out and toss it. Won't work any worse than the past 12 years. ;)

For Texas a new working one would most likely be a good thing.

The fan delay relay was exactly it!
Now, can I just unplug the 1 set of wires thats easiest to get to on the relay and just leave it that way after wrapping them in tape or should I unplug both sets of wires plugged into the relay?
Hate to remove it completely and have the 2 wire connectors hanging there.
Thanks ya'll

wont hurt then to just hang there..

i would just pull them loose and let them sit up under it so it still looks hooked up

there are plenty of plugs in our harnesses that are just hanging around so it would just be another one.

i would undo both since you know its bad