Front coil overs??

Tweeked6

Tsm RRA
Staff member
Just wondering if front coil overs are legal for the class. I need to upgrade the front of my car and there is a choice to use stock type springs or coil overs. Just want to pick something I could run with in xTsm. Thanks

Did everyone go over to yellow bullet or is there no one left in the class??????

Not sure.

I don't know the answer to your question. I would think they should be legal, they are basically mounted in the stock location right? I sure wouldnt argue it in peer tech.

I run them, as long as they use stock mounting points, it's all good.

560414_3324500386457_1645433899_n_zps74a250b9.jpg

I believe he is talking about using the non stock mount in the stockish location. With regular coil over attatchments? Still legal?

John yes I was trying to figure out what was exactly legal. When I went to buy control arms there was a choice between a stock spring type lower to use a qa1 or a stock size coil spring or a true coil over. I assume both are legal because they are in the stock location!!

That is still considered stock mounting location. The only exception would be like an outboard mount or something like that. The guys running TRZ a arms are probably using the not stock mount. I'd have to look at the rules, but it probably says stock location. I'm running coil over springs in the rear with Wolfe adjusters, that is still considered stock location.

The qa1 ride depends on how you set them. They way mine are set, it rides like crap.

Cool. I sold half my ls1 stuff last night. I guess I'm back. Just need a motor now lol

When I mean trz lowers, I'm talking about the ones that are not built for stock aprings

I know what you meant, I almost bought those. I still consider that stock mounting location, it doesn't say stock mounting type. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah all the "stock suspension" classes consider them stock suspension....but that isn't saying much lol