front pads???????

dan lephart

86 T Type has 40,000 miles. Time for front pads. Use the bendix ceramic pads, the performance friction z rated, or some other...??? I desire low to no dust and improved stopping with no fade... Parts dude sez ceramics are the best. I know in his store they are the most expensive. $ not the issue. :confused:

I have Ceramic pads on my Explorer (I know, not the same) but I am notoriously HARD on brakes. My old Carbon/Metallic pads would create SO MUCH DUST after only a week, it would look like I never even washed the rims....

So far so good on the Ceramic's. I haven't can't even see any dust after 2 weeks.

I did notice a different 'smell' from the brakes though. Especially after the bedding process.

I'm sold on them. I'm getting them for my Cutlass (1LE uprgaded), and any other vehicle I do a brake job on, in the future.

Ryan

Ceramic pads are starting to become the oe material for most new cars. I have found from years in the brake business that the ceramic pads have a definate advantage over semi metallic pads in many areas, low dusting, improved heat distribution, reduced or eliminated all brake noise on many problem import cars. The company I work for offers a lifetime warranty on noise for customers that choose ceramic pads when doing a brake job. I have yet to find a disadvantage to the pads, except for the higher cost which you don't seem to mind. :) I say use them and brake hard without worrys. :D

P.S. the brand that we use are manufactured by raybestos it is the quiet stop line.

Those are the ones I have on the Exploder.... Raybesto's Quiet Stop. They have a weird 'raduis' on the face of the pad. I don't understand the logic behind that. It actually has less surface contact with the rotor, but stops just as well, if not better.

Ryan

I have the Performance Z rated from Autozone......about $40 a set. I'm happy with their performance with my stock brake setup. Didn't notice any brake dust or noise. I haven't had the ceramics and sounds like they work pretty well, also. How much do they run?