Fuel Pump - How Far Can Mine Take Me

SpeedRacerX

At a high-level, I have a TA-49 turbo running 22# on street, 25'ish at the track, Alky, Turbo Tweak Alky Chip, 42# turbo tweak injectors, Racetronix fuel injector harness, Racetronix adjustable FP regulator, turbo tweak 255LPH fuel pump, hot wire kit, 3" DP, CAS V4S SLIC, big mouth intake and stuff I'm probably forgetting related to fuel and air. Car runs 12.2@109 with 1.6x 60-foot at 22# of boost but I know she has an 11.9 in her when I can get the boost above 22# at the track. WG actuator issue that is being corrected.

Question: how far can the Turbo Tweak 255LPH fuel pump take me? Not sure if I should ask for an answer based on rwhp, quarter-mile, boost/turbo combo, etc.

If I go bigger turbo next Spring, front mount, etc.; will this fuel pump and injectors cut it? Where is their limit?

Thank you for your advice.

I went 11.25@118-120 on decade old Walbro 255lph and 55# inj.

Thanks. Sounds like what I have will hold me over for quite a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You need a powerlogger and wide band LONG before you need a front mount. You can follow the dutycycle and fuel pressure to find out if you need to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump.

I do have a fuel pressure gauge. It's Speedhut and it's in the car. Uses a mechanical to electric transducer on the end of the fuel rail; so while I do monitor fuel pressure rise with boost, it's slow to react inside the car as opposed to a good old fashioned mechanical gauge on the hood.

Next time you buy fuel stuff do yourself a favor and buy 80lbs injectors. And ansingle 430 . Buy the stuff once unlike me that has had every injector from 42s to now at 160s. 80s are perfectly fine on the street aswell . No issues what so ever with FYI . This is just my opinion so take it or leave it :)

Next time you buy fuel stuff do yourself a favor and buy 80lbs injectors. And ansingle 430 . Buy the stuff once unlike me that has had every injector from 42s to now at 160s. 80s are perfectly fine on the street aswell . No issues what so ever with FYI . This is just my opinion so take it or leave it :)
I am learning this lesson with this car for sure.

If the only way you are running this is with alky, then you have a lot of room to spare. That setup will take you into the low 11's to high 10"s in the qtr.

Glad you can look at your fuel pressure while driving 100 mph. Personally I'd rather a logging system that allows me to monitor the pressure all the way from idle to WOT. Not only that but you can view all the sensors and wideband O2. Reviewing it and comparing it to other runs allows you to see the health of many systems and tune but you don't need that apparently.

At a high-level, I have a TA-49 turbo running 22# on street, 25'ish at the track, Alky, Turbo Tweak Alky Chip, 42# turbo tweak injectors, Racetronix fuel injector harness, Racetronix adjustable FP regulator, turbo tweak 255LPH fuel pump, hot wire kit, 3" DP, CAS V4S SLIC, big mouth intake and stuff I'm probably forgetting related to fuel and air. Car runs 12.2@109 with 1.6x 60-foot at 22# of boost but I know she has an 11.9 in her when I can get the boost above 22# at the track. WG actuator issue that is being corrected.

Question: how far can the Turbo Tweak 255LPH fuel pump take me? Not sure if I should ask for an answer based on rwhp, quarter-mile, boost/turbo combo, etc.

If I go bigger turbo next Spring, front mount, etc.; will this fuel pump and injectors cut it? Where is their limit?

I had a very similar setup at one point. I had a power logger and monitored/recorded everything. My 42.5 injectors were at 90% duty cycle. I was running high 11's. I bought brand new 60# injectors and 6.1 wide band tracking chip from TT. With no other changes I tuned the car down to a best so far 11.17@121mph. Injector duty cycle at WOT is at 65%. I'm sure I will get it into the 10's this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a very similar setup at one point. I had a power logger and monitored/recorded everything. My 42.5 injectors were at 90% duty cycle. I was running high 11's. I bought brand new 60# injectors and 6.1 wide band tracking chip from TT. With no other changes I tuned the car down to a best so far 11.17@121mph. Injector duty cycle at WOT is at 65%. I'm sure I will get it into the 10's this year.

So to answer your question your fuel pump will be fine. The injectors will be close to maxed out mid 11's As stated above get a power logger.

Glad you can look at your fuel pressure while driving 100 mph. Personally I'd rather a logging system that allows me to monitor the pressure all the way from idle to WOT. Not only that but you can view all the sensors and wideband O2. Reviewing it and comparing it to other runs allows you to see the health of many systems and tune but you don't need that apparently.
I know, I know. Lol. It's hard to look at anything but the road running the quarter or at those speeds.

So to answer your question your fuel pump will be fine. The injectors will be close to maxed out mid 11's As stated above get a power logger.

Great info, thank you.

Gas or e85? That's important to know. Dank makes a great point and it's something that I always point out too, because much like Dank, I don't want a garage full of spare parts either.

Gas or e85? That's important to know. Dank makes a great point and it's something that I always point out too, because much like Dank, I don't want a garage full of spare parts either.
Gas. I do have a bad habit of keeping every old part whether I used it, didn't use it, didn't return it or sell it, etc. I need to start cleaning house.

Gas. I do have a bad habit of keeping every old part whether I used it, didn't use it, didn't return it or sell it, etc. I need to start cleaning house.

If you have pretty easy access to e85 then you might want to think about that option. Also, I think Dank's point was/is; figure it the first time, so you're not wasting money buying new parts and never using them because you did some research and found there's a better option. You'll figure it out.

I ran 10s with a ta49 turbo with 42s and a single walboro 340 and 20gph of alky and a volt booster.you have everything you need but a hot tune and a strong 60ft.

In the old days before all the new state of the art tuning software was available, I went 11.19 @ 120 with 009s, a single XP pump, and a Joe Lubrant race chip. Tuned it with an OTC 4000.