Fuel pump relay location, contradictory

Ed Salsbury

Hi Folks,
My 87 Turbo T died out the other day, no fuel pump operation. I used the fuel pump primer wire jump and it activated the pump, so I'm going to replace the fuel pump relay on the pass side inner fender well. Thing is, the location/identification pictures I've enclosed seemed to contradict each other as to the location of the fuel pump relay vs the AC Compressor relay??

Can you guys verify for one which one is correct?

Thanks
Ed

Attachments

• fulepumprelay.jpg
    fulepumprelay.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,628
  • fuelpumprelay2.gif
    fuelpumprelay2.gif
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,511
Look for the one with a pinkish wire coming out of the connector.

The fuel pump relay is supposed to be the forward most relay, but the relays on my car were swapped.

is the check engine light on and steady with key on engine off , if no light ecm fuse could be blown
does the car start and run , if you have the oe oil sender it may start once oil pressure is built up over 4psi
if it wont start it could be because your oe oil sender was removed for an aftermarket oilpressure gauge sender
behind alternator by the ac lines is a fuel prime wire (female spade single wire) , disconnect the hood light (bulb should be working with hood up to verify it has 12v) and connect \the hood lamp feed wire to the prime terminal .. the pump should run , if it does your fuel pump relay on pass fender is innoperative or fp/inj fuse in the driverside underdash panel is bad
if the FP/inj fuse is good the fuel pump relay could be the issue or it could be the relay ground wire that runs to the back of the head
if pump doesnt run with power to the prime terminal you could have a bad fuel pump or if you have a hotwired fuel pump kit it could have a blown fuse on the hotwire ((follow it from back of alternator) or a bad relay on that hotwire kit which may be on driver fender or by rear bumper

or if you car is basterdized with a homemade kit or theft deterrant all bets are off ..ive sen some crazy shit over the years