fuse 19 (cig clk) repeatedly blowing.

GW2

Where do I start tracking this down? It blew a few times in the past but it always took almost 2 months to go again. Now it goes every time I put a fuse in. It's a 20 amp and it controls the clock, lighter, glove box light, key muted electronic tone, power antenna, radio clock, radio capacitor: dome, sail panel, trunk and reading lights, headlight on warning, door locks, underhood light, courtesy lights, electronic touch air conditioning, theft deterant & vanity lights) This ends up killing my radio every time too, which is irritating because I've got to reset all the settings every time. I've left the fuse out for now for fear of causing damage, but i need to find the source of this.

I noticed my dome light and map lights get very very hot when used. I thought that might be the source but i cant figure out how to get the dome off. I can get the back of it off but the front wont come. All help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

its the part in the dash that shorts , usually some cheap chargers/power plugs will bend the positive tabs out and they can contact the shell that is grounded , corrosion inside can also cause a short
reach behind the dash and pull the power feed wire off

another would be pull the radio and see if any power wires are grounding out on the metal frame of the dash

btw the dome gets hot , its normal

Thanks very much for posting this.

I was racing in England at the Mopar EuroNats and on the way home to Scotland stopped off at my wifes for the evening. Suddenly, no power locks, no interior lights ....

I don't have the whole manual set with me but checked the wiring diagrams on gnttype. Difficult to read so popped on here, typed in 'power locks' in the search function and this is the first thread I read.

Spot on, pacecarta. Used a 240v a.c. invertor to run my laptop out of the cigarette lighter and it must have popped the +ve ears out, shorted out the lighter and blown the fuse.

Forced the ears back in with a small screwdriver, fitted a new fuse and all is well again.

Very much obliged to the original poster and the solution/explanaton provider.

No problem haha, this is the best place in the world for quick fixes for our cars. oh and you have a GN in Europe! That's ridiculously awesome.

FWIW, I swapped all my interior lights w/ LEDs... no more burny, burny; super low draw
D :)