Gallina runs 7.98 @ 167

Congrats to both John and Marka!

According to Gallina's website>>> www.fastbuicks.com

He has run a best of 7.93 @178.63mph and it also says the motor is 207ci.... It is pretty awesome how he is running those times with such a little motor! HP per cubic inches I think Gallina's motor is the baddest V6 because we're talking about 1280hp (damn near 1300hp) from a 207ci motor:eek:

John and Marka do the Turbo Buick racing community a great justice by breaking and setting all of these records and for that I thank them:) :cool:

I salute anyone who has the stones to run 40 psi boost on ANY CAR. . .while the rest of us poor saps blow headgaskets on 12 second passes. Well, back to the garage . . . :rolleyes:

Re: Congrats to both John and Marka!

Originally posted by 86brick
According to Gallina's website>>> www.fastbuicks.com

He has run a best of 7.93 @178.63mph and it also says the motor is 207ci.... It is pretty awesome how he is running those times with such a little motor! HP per cubic inches I think Gallina's motor is the baddest V6 because we're talking about 1280hp (damn near 1300hp) from a 207ci motor:eek:

John and Marka do the Turbo Buick racing community a great justice by breaking and setting all of these records and for that I thank them:) :cool:

FYI,

John never actually owned a 7 second timeslip before this weekend. That 7.93 was actually about an 8.02 that was run in Vegas and factored to 7.9x.

John really wanted the slip with the magic 7 on it, and nailed it here this past weekend and backed it up with an 8.03. Congrats to John and Marka! They are fantastic people and I look forward to seeing them in October at the Vegas event. :D

Originally posted by blacksix
I salute anyone who has the stones to run 40 psi boost on ANY CAR. . .while the rest of us poor saps blow headgaskets on 12 second passes. Well, back to the garage . . . :rolleyes:

I think John mentioned he was running 48 psi of boost, and he launches with 38 psi! :eek:

Of course, that was after several beer so I may have those numbers slightly distorted ;)

It's nice to see great people continue to do great things. I wish him a few more 7 second slips in his future...

I must also add my congratulations!!!! I've known John and Marka for quite a number of years, and you won't meet a nicer couple of Buick folks anywhere!! They keep bugging me to move to Vegas ;)
If it just weren't so crowded out there :(

It really is amazing to see them go faster each year, there has got to be a ton of work going on away from the track to keep progressing like they have. I especially liked it when Marka was spanking all the Stock Eliminator guys in the South East with her 11 second Hot Air car back in the late '90's.