Getting the bug again guys - thoughts?

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Gents,

Getting the bug again to trade/sell off the GN for BB Chevelle or BB Skylark. I want something that I am willing to drive more than 3 times a year. I am getting to the point where I am not even enjoying the fruits of my labor because I wont drive the car.

I know that I will catch hell from the local GN guys but I just dont know what to do. Life has changed a lot for me over the last 2 years with the birth of my son and I want to have something I can just jump into and go. Cant do that with this car... not the way I built it.

Let me know your thoughts gents.

Thanks,

Chris

Dont sell it!!!! Whats wrong with it that you cant drive it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Your sig looks streetable.... Keep it, your son will appreciate it!
I have a photo of my boy when he was 9 or 10 in my 1st GN (stolen :mad:)
He's 25 now & just became a dad
I'm restoring the Riv in my sig for him & he'll probably inherit the G/N as well
Chevelles & Skylarks are a dime-a-dozen compared to G/N s
KEEP THE G/N
C'mon... Y'know you wanna...

Do_O

All, I know that you are all right in saying that I should keep it. Still thinking. Its hard to keep something you dont drive. It is fairly streetable in terms of whats done to it. the problem is that I cant take my family in it because I installed a roll cage and I cant fit a car seat in the back seat.

To change the car around to accomodate my family would cost more money. I just dont want to invst anymore money into it. I did have a long conversatin with my wife last night. She too, is not real thrilled that I am pondering.

Chris

That's why I stopped building my other car cause I put a rollbar in it. At the time I was young and thought it would be cool but a roll bar on the street had safety issues for a family. You just need to cut it out one weekend and enjoy the car. I've had a gn since 1998 and drove the car home and tore it apart and it's still apart. This year my wife told me I should just buy another one to drive , so I did. And having a blast after all these years.

Adam switzer.

I agree if you don't race it every weekend just remove the cage and enjoy your car

Adam,

I thought about it but my roll cage goes through the rear seats into the trunk. I also cut the carpet out around the cage. I would look like shit because I would have to get rear seat redone to cover up the holes and put new carpeting in. HA! thats nice that your wife let you buy another one! I need to give this some thought.

BTW... you heading to Irwin car cruise on Saturday?

87_we,

I hear ya pal. :)

Carpet is cheap. I'm sure you could find a used rear seat on the forums fairly cheap

Carpet is cheap... agree. Rear seat would be cheap if I had the stock interior in the car. My interior is all custom stitched black leather. :)

Keep modding this one and pick up another GN that won't get a cage in it.

I thought about that too rev. Not sure if anyone would be interested.

Trix, I already have a 62 skylark that I am building right now. I dont think the wife would be none too happy with me adding car #6, but I sure can try! ;)

that car is beautiful!

you'll kick yourself- ill kick you

Esasky's85GN said:
I thought about that too rev. Not sure if anyone would be interested.

Trix, I already have a 62 skylark that I am building right now. I dont think the wife would be none too happy with me adding car #6, but I sure can try! ;)

Try to! And a '62 skylark is one nice car.

AHHHHHHH DON'T START THIS AGAIN!!!! JUST ENJOY THE CAR,I'LL LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE NORWIN ELKS FATHER'S DAY CRUISE,WE CAN CHAT ABOUT POOR DECISIONS!!!!MOST OF US THAT SOLD OUR CARS IN THE PAST,KICK OUR SELVES....DON'T WORRY"YOU"LL BE BACK",PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE TO START OVER,TIME IS SHORT,MY FRIEND,SPEND IT WITH YOUR FAMILY,NOT BUILDING ANOTHER CAR.....SOOOOOOO....... JUST KEEP IT!!!!!!!!SORRY IS MISSED YOU AT THE IRWIN CRUISE..TAKE CARE MY FRIEND!!!!!

cut the cage out and buy a 2nd rear upper seat and have it recovered. its easy to cut a cage out with a sawzall I bet you could have it out in a 1/2 hour.carpet $150 upper stock seat out of any g body $50 get it recovered $300 . so for $500 and a few hours problem solved. you all resdy know what you have with your car so why sell it?

Billy!

Not to worry pal. The wife put her foot down~ :) Not selling the car. Gonna keep it, continue to work on Skylark, and just go from there. I will definitely be at the Fathers day cruise. Hoping to have my brother's car done so he is there too. Let me know what time you are planning on being there. Until then pal... ;)

TTA,

Yeah, you are absolutely correct. I just dont want to have to start tearing into it again. Not to worry though. My super smart wife talked me out of getting rid of it. Well... she didnt talk me out of it... she basically said no. :)