Getting the STAGE 2 TTA Together... few pics...

Actually put the car back on the dyno today. After talking with the tuner he mentioned to me it would be a good idea to back it down a bit because it turns out the injectors were at full duty at 25lbs of boost. He basically said they were almost at the point of being stuck full open at that power level. So, we backed it down to 20lbs so there would be headroom on the injectors. It still made a ton of torque.

I snapped a photo of the dyno sheet at 20lbs...

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 739
I was getting ready to call b/s on maxing out a set of 160lb injectors at 20psi until I went back and read you were running E85. It pays to read well. Excellent numbers and a beautiful car.

Michael

Did you get a chance to drive it on the street yet? If so, how was the spool up?

Very nice car. We hope to see you out on Woodward at Potbelly's on the weekend. A lot of races get lines up from there and if nobody wants to play then we can hang out and shoot the breeze... :cool:

Very nice car. We hope to see you out on Woodward at Potbelly's on the weekend. A lot of races get lines up from there and if nobody wants to play then we can hang out and shoot the breeze... :cool:

I have been up there occasionally in the past. Fun times for sure. I'll be out again this summer, hopefully. Hope to see you around.

OK, made a few simple changes to the TTA recently. Also, put the car on the rollers again because, quite frankly, I just wasn't convinced AT ALL that the last dyno session provided an accurate HP and Torque reading. I knew for a fact that the torque number was way off (no way it made 1100ft. lbs at only 20lbs of boost). These numbers are more realistic and I think still pretty impressive given the low boost number we are running:)

This time I insisted we try picking up the tach signal and make sure the dyno was calibrated correctly. This time we ran the car at the same boost numbers. Most pulls were between 18-20lbs (we made 4 pulls this time). Any more boost (we tried 25lbs) and the car is just blowing right through the converter and actually showing LESS power on the dyno at more boost. Not to mentioned the car started bucking as the converter tried to grab and then would let loose and then try to grab again. It was really useless... So, we turned it down to where the converter would do its job. So now I will be looking into a way to get this converter to lock up in 3rd gear. Will be talking to Neal Chance on Monday.

Also, I changed the intake charge piping. I wanted the pipe to match the diameter of the throttle body. So, now it has 4inch intake piping on it:eek: Also put a Tial blow-off valve on it. You can see it one of the pictures if you look closely. It is down at the bottom sitting on top of the intake piping just in front of the crank pulley.
I'll polish the piping up later tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg