Getting wacky data from T-Link

What are "acceptable" readings from pin A?

I am assuming there should be NO numbers for impedence. I am getting .05 ohms. Which leads me to believe there is a ground problem.

For voltage, I am getting I think .02 milivolts. (I forgot, it was last week).

Also, does it matter when the readings are taken with key off or key on?

same here

i was about to post , but i see some is having the same problem, didn't record i was watching battery volts jumping all over the place, and differnt prom readings also got a low power to fuel pump code.:confused:

Common causes of data problems:
  • Grounds, grounds, grounds ... the cars are getting older and all sorts of wiring/grounding problems are popping up
  • Electrical noise from an inverter "humming" back thru the interface cable
  • Bad fan relay (as Bob Bailey explained a while ago) the fan relay can feed back thru the ECM and affect the data
  • Laptop configuration (especially in Windows ... other programs can "steal" CPU ... make sure TurboLink is the only thing running. Also you can try just running from the Master Diskette (it's bootable).... that's pure DOS (Win98 actually). If it works, then that points to something in the OS
  • Configuration problems with the LPT port (... make sure it's NOT ECP)
  • Chip datastream is one of the various "custom" ALDL streams that replaces some of the parameters with custom ones (like the PROM ID with injector pulse width and such). TurboLink doesn't know about those, so it just displays them as it expects them (and they look whacked ... PROM ID changes, some odd codes, etc.)

I have the same issue, mine is caused by a power inverter. Works great plugged into an outlet. I'm going to need to get my laptop repaired. The battery is OK, it delivers 12.4V to the mainboard and holds it's charge fine, but the computer still won't boot with the battery.

thanks for everyones reply.

Can someone tell me the following:
===============
What are "acceptable" readings from pin A?

I am assuming there should be NO numbers for impedence. I am getting .05 ohms. Which leads me to believe there is a ground problem.

For voltage, I am getting I think .02 milivolts. (I forgot, it was last week).

Also, does it matter when the readings are taken with key off or key on?
===============

It shouldn't have any impedence ... it should be a good solid ground. I suppose there might be a little, but zero is what you're looking for (or pretty darn close).

Just wanted to drop a line & let you know that problem is not always with Tlink or your car. It can be how you run it. I have had Turbo Link for a 18 months & never had a problem with it.

Howerver yesterday I got some strange codes that poped up like (53 water inj, 13 o2 sensor, 24 VSS, 14 high temp, 21 tps high, 43 esc)

Thought it might be my boost sensing causing some of the problems so I took it off & still got several of the codes on Tlink however none of the codes showed up on the SES when I checked the codes manually.

Only thing I was doing different that I could remmenber is that I had my inverter box sitting next to the gear shifter on the console.

So I make a run with the invertor sitting on the floor & my wife (who hates the car & doesn't like speed) holding the computer. I go out to my favorite tuning road, come to a stop & let it rip. Then I turn around & do it again.

At this point my wife is not happy with my drving (I am trying to keep a start face as she is looking a little pale). Review the runs & just like magic they are clean with not crazy codes.

So I guess maybe my inverter got to much movement/vibration being on the console. Or maybe the compter was moving around too much being unsecured. It was a huge relief to see a code free run after seeing all the crazy codes.

Instead of going crazy checking everything, start out with the little things.

P.S. I am just glad I got rid of that code 53. I would had to think the water injection system that wasn't installed from the factory was going bad. Hell where would you find a replacement???
:D :D

New user with crazy data

My very first run with TurboLink has these crazy data frames. I got about 14 codes all at once and most off the rest of the data looked crazy as well. Is there anyone out there who simply couldn't fix the problem in their car?

The pulse modulated fan control. How often would it cycle? I get bad data every 20 seconds or so like d0n_3d did.

I have the same crazy data, the big problem is the batt voltage 13v to 6v and then at wot 0.3 volts with 30* of knock ret, most of the time the knock gauge is picking it up to tho. The car has been run real bad so i dont know if iam try to fix a voltage problem that is not even there.

Look very closely at the ECM mode ... is it in NORM? (On v3.x it's on the left side of the Dashboard and towards the bottom of the screen on the Details screen ... on v2.13 it's shown in the bottom right hand quadrant of the screen on the Numeric screen)

If it is in ALDL mode, then the fix is outlined on the TurboLink Support Forum ... basically what happens is that some of these USB adapters/serial ports/parallel ports on certain laptops won't let you control the signal line that tells TurboLink to switch ECM modes. The fix involves a quick "snip" of the control line in the cable until we can come up with a work around.

The topic you want is "Erroneous Boost/Volts/MAT Data" in the Troubleshooting section at the top of the board.

The board is at:

http://www.turbo-link.com/discus

Take a look, and as always, if you have any questions, feel free to drop us some email at tlcustomersupport@acceleratetech.com.