GNX DASH INSTALL

I did find a couple of places that still have the SW Boost gauge but it isnt colored in the orange/green $45. And just found a complet set of GNX gauges in a dash on Ebay starting at $1000, with the orange/green boost gauge item # 321306974198

You are right these gauges are not lining up at all. Did you slot the 4 gauge hole and move them to the left, or slot the cover and move it to the right? I did take the speed o apart and paint the inside of the case white so that it wlii brighten it up some. My friends 87T has the dash from Poston and although it looks very good, it is very dim at night almost not readable. It hjas the VDO gauges in it. Also my gauge overlay did not come with the silver pin stripe around the edg that the rest of the dash has and that yours and the GNX has.

ACTUALLY I DID BOTH. I MOVED THE SMALL ONES TO THE LEFT,MOVED THE BEZEL TO THE RIGHT, THE APPLIQUE TO THE RIGHT, AND HAD TO REPLACE THE SMALL STRIPE AT THE COLUMN OPENING...THE BACK SIDE OF THE GAUGE SURROUND HAD TO BE GROUND DOWN IN AREAS SO IT WOULD FIT FLUSH AGAINST THE FACE OF THE GAUGES. I USED SOME WINDOW FELT AT THE OPENINGS OF THE LP POCKETS...IT WAS A PIA TO SAY THE LEAST. NOT PERFECT BUT I CAN LIVE WITH THE END PRODUCT NOW..

Yes my dash kit didn't come with the boost and oil gauge. So Moterworks sent out a set they had found. The oil was correct but the boost was some very cheep Garret gauge. I have located the original style but it's not orange/green. But Pete has said he has one and will send it. But so far I'm still waiting and my car is tying up someone shop.

Can you post a picture of what you have? Curious to see what they sold you
There was one on eBay not to long ago for $300 sold

It is so difficult to post a pic on this web site anymore but I found one on ebay, same as the one they sent. #380218749479

Hi I have finish my GNX dash install and fixed all the issues but just noticed that my VSS is not working , I see you are having same problem. Have you figured yours out yet?

Hi I have finish my GNX dash install and fixed all the issues but just noticed that my VSS is not working , I see you are having same problem. Have you figured yours out yet?
I HAVE NOT LOOKED AT IT, BUT WILL DO SO SOON..

The GNX speedometer was modified with a slot and the background was painted white...this allowed the stock sensor to work. Hope this helps

Attachments

• DSCN0228.JPG
    DSCN0228.JPG
    747.2 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCN0229.JPG
    DSCN0229.JPG
    550.5 KB · Views: 299
The slot in my speedo is not as wide as the one in you pic and there is a small plastic spacer on a stud that the sensor is mounted on. I was wandering should I widen the opening and lowere the sensor to the wheel to see if it gets a better signal?

There has to be a better way to load a pic on this site.
Sorry to bring up and such an old thread, but I installed a gnx dash, after install my service light stays on, which was not on before install, did I do something wrong?

Sorry to bring up and such an old thread, but I installed a gnx dash, after install my service light stays on, which was not on before install, did I do something wrong?
VSS sensor is most likely not reading. Do you have a scan master? if so, does the mph read?

VSS sensor is most likely not reading. Do you have a scan master? if so, does the mph read?

No scanmaster, the led service light is not bright lit, kind of a dim light, also I lost the orginal speedomter cable that came with gauges so I replace it with another gm one and the speedomter makes noise when going up or down in speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got this dash for sale with the Caspers harness and a spare cluster mold so yo don't have to hack yours up and it's ready to drop in. PM me for details or just look at my ad in the for sale section. Bought a car with it in it, returned it all to stock. If you're considering this upgrade I'll save you several hundred bucks!

I've got this dash for sale with the Caspers harness and a spare cluster mold so yo don't have to hack yours up and it's ready to drop in. PM me for details or just look at my ad in the for sale section. Bought a car with it in it, returned it all to stock. If you're considering this upgrade I'll save you several hundred bucks!

I have it installed as well, why did you decide to go stock? The stock speedmeter is not funtional at all, I just kept all my stock parts in case I decide to sell the car then I will remove and sell with oem depends on what buyer wants
d3eca84728412f585aeec85d2e9b8cd7.jpg

Sound like you are putting the car to stock completely? What other custom parts may you have and not want?

Sound like you are putting the car to stock completely? What other custom parts may you have and not want?

I am, it's a low mile car that had a bunch of mods, I am going back to factory original. The dash was very nice though and it came apart a lot easier than it goes together! The nice thing about mine is I have that piece you had to hack up, so all the tough fitment work is nearly done for you.

I pretty much sold everything already except for the 17" wheels its got on it...