Gnx wheels

I'm just wondering if you work for them or are in the know about what specifically they are doing different? Is this is known issue with the old design with the tread seperating? Is that why they redesigned them? I really need specifics otherwise I'm never buying them again and steering as many others away from them as possible. Just because they put a "2" after the model doesn't mean to me that they are really doing anything different as fas as construction is concerned and that's where my failures occurr.

You were right on the money with the G-Force sports and Tread Separation. We had a tread separation at our last Race. Its true I probably ran them above 165 mph for about 15 miles before it let go, but the entire shoulder came off one of the back tires, that has never been run on the front.

The good thing was that the main tread was still intact... so the whole tread didn't separate, just the shoulder...and I drove another 105 miles averaging 140 mph on what was left of the tire. I'm glad I didn't stop and look, because we ended up winning the class and finished 4th out of 155 cars. If I had seen the damage, no way would I have kept going.

I'll try to post a picture tonight.

You were right on the money with the G-Force sports and Tread Separation. We had a tread separation at our last Race. Its true I probably ran them above 165 mph for about 15 miles before it let go, but the entire shoulder came off one of the back tires, that has never been run on the front.

The good thing was that the main tread was still intact... so the whole tread didn't separate, just the shoulder...and I drove another 105 miles averaging 140 mph on what was left of the tire. I'm glad I didn't stop and look, because we ended up winning the class and finished 4th out of 155 cars. If I had seen the damage, no way would I have kept going.

I'll try to post a picture tonight.

Thanks for posting. I guess we just run our tires too hard! Or they suck and no one should buy them again, unless you just cruise or do burnouts, but I drive my car harder than that.

DSCN0276.jpg
DSCN0271.jpg

Here is the aftermath. We heard a noise like rumble strips and the car wiggled a little but then it smoothed back out, so we figured it was a rough patch in the road. I had to have been going 160 plus. When I get some editing sofware, I'll post the video online.

This is on the inside of the wheel, so there is no metal any where near this area to cut into the tread and we use large hub adapters to space it even further from the frame.

View attachment 160931 View attachment 160930

Here is the aftermath. We heard a noise like rumble strips and the car wiggled a little but then it smoothed back out, so we figured it was a rough patch in the road. I had to have been going 160 plus. When I get some editing sofware, I'll post the video online.

This is on the inside of the wheel, so there is no metal any where near this area to cut into the tread and we use large hub adapters to space it even further from the frame.

Wow! Mine just started to separate but that is extreme.

Here is video of when we guess it came apart. The rest of the 118 miles were vibration free.

Here is video of when we guess it came apart. The rest of the 118 miles were vibration free.

Wow! No one should run these tires hard and I'm never getting them again. Your co-pilot only looked marginally worriedo_O

Weve been through much worse. On the previous set of tires, the Adjustable UCA's in back came loose and the tires were rubbing the frame @ 160 mph, filling the car full of tires smoke. I pulled over pretty quick when that happened.

Then there was this in 2004:

These is one of the few incidents we have on video.