Got E85 today

nos487

I put my Turbo Tweak chip in today and put in straight E85:D. What a diffrence, turned boost up to 22 psi. and the driveability is the same as before with street chip:D. I now need to get wide band setup so I can tune. I ran car without touching chip and my 02's where around 670mv with .7 knock. I added 2% more fuel and 02's went to 780mv and 0 knock. Think I should do anything else or leave alone until I get WB. Paid $2.99 gallon:D

Cool, it is $2.999 here now, is holding, hope it starts going down again. Holding $1 cheaper than gas. Might start with it again.

Seems lean on a NB, 780mv, I would expect to be safer around 900mV. Looking at the slope of a NB O2, being higher in the mv is safer (rich is safe, lean can be dangerous....)

picture of the O2 output from: o2 sensor voltage - LS1TECH

I put my Turbo Tweak chip in today and put in straight E85:D. What a diffrence, turned boost up to 22 psi. and the driveability is the same as before with street chip:D. I now need to get wide band setup so I can tune. I ran car without touching chip and my 02's where around 670mv with .7 knock. I added 2% more fuel and 02's went to 780mv and 0 knock. Think I should do anything else or leave alone until I get WB. Paid $2.99 gallon:D

Attachments

• voltage_vs_af2.gif
    voltage_vs_af2.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 347
With E85 thats pretty lean......Ok for the street, but WB for the track or if
you going to pump it up.
Get the wide band...........:cool:

Unlike gasoline E-85 performs best when rich @ WOT. The majority of the cooling effect is realized during WOT with E-85. ;) Its good stuff, especially when the boost comes on and all the while cleaning the engine :biggrin:

You'll notice the spark plugs will turn white and no more black crap out of the tailpipe... keep us informed :cool:

Narrow band is worthless for tuning at anywhere other than stoichiometric.

They are highly sensitive to temperature and pressure. Get the wideband.