gradual downfall

captflash

Old and Bold
Gradually over the past 3-4 weeks a series of electrical problems have happened. I am blowing the fuse to the instrument lights. Sometimes the fuse lasts for an hour or so and other times for a minute. I have left it out after the 3 rd fuse in 2 days. Then the interior lights/cig lighter fuse blew. I replaced it once and it lasted for a couple of days then it went again. I have a GloShift boost gauge and the light in it flickers when the road is bumpy. Also it comes and goes when the wipers are on. I have searched the grounds and can find nothing loose. And I have not tackled the fuse box/panel, it looks like a nightmare. Thanks kindly in advance for all help

If you are blowing fuses(plural) I'd have to say you have a short somewhere. Maybe a wire got rubbed through or a component has shorted. Time for some wire tracing with a wire diagram. Check the components on the circuit with a meter next for continuity. Monotonous work but it must be done. Maybe someone has had this happen to them and will share where they solved their problem.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app