Great news...engine needs a rebuild!

87NAT

In Between GN's
After insatlling a 6776dbb turbo, 60# inj and numerous other parts on my 50,000 mile car I was not impressed. I have troubleshooted the lack of power and upper rpm sputter issue for months.

I will make a long story short. Pulled engine and found:

loose timing chain
stock cam worn on all lobes(not wiped out)
all lifters were worn..(indented in)
all rings were shot...2 pistons almost slide out when removing rod bolts:eek:
4 bad valve guides on the heads

This is great news because now I know what the problem was.

New roller cam and lifters being installed along with all necessary machine work. I hope there is a substantial gain in power and I will finally get to see what that turbo can do.

I know what you mean....

I had a problem with my car missing at all rpms...Never ran right.Ideling was alright but if you gave it any gas it would miss..I tryed changing everything you can think of that would affect a miss to no avail...I was at my witts end when I decided to pull the engine and go through it..Low and behold I found the problem..I think...The guy who had it before me got the heads redone and the machinest put valve seal guides on the exhaust guides...They were smashed from the rockers pushing down on them...The ex valves were not opening enough causing it to miss...This is the only thing I found wrong when I tore the engine down....Im hoping that is the problem...Im still building and when it goes back in I will know for sure...I dont want to hijack your thread but, has anyone ever heard of this happening to there car.....Tim.....

haha you have the same problem I did after 6776 but I didnt take it apart yet. Im in the process of buying a motor from Razor that has a roller cam.

Dont get me wrong...the car ran great all things be equal. It was a step up from the ta-60 but it just didnt have the oommmph that I was expecting.

I just know that when I go back in the car with it its gonna put up some great numbers.

Sorry man, please hook us up with the info when she is back together.

As you know I am working on this in between diaper changes.:eek: :D

It might be a little while.

I just came back from a hazmat situation with my son at lunch.
I will never look at chuncky peanut butter the same way in my life.