Great Night!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
After a long, hot summer as usual for us, the weather was very nice last night at the start of our racing season!

At Speedworld Drag Strip, 3 local racing groups all had their season opening events, and the turnout was fabulous, as was the track!

Buick racers made an igreat showing, especially in the highly competitive heads-up index classes running a pro light.

RJ Reynolds had an impressive win with his WE-4 in the 11.50 E.T. class, and Dave Johnson was right behind him is his show-quality GSX big-block car. :)

Guy C. was also there with his awesome white T for time runs, and was "booted" for his 10 sec. passes with no roll bar? :eek: Guess I will be seeing him in the shop shortly.:cool:

After a year and half of physical health issues, I was finally able to get back into the seat again at a competitive event which was the 10.0 E.T. heads-up class. I made it to the final round, and lost with a 0.022 break out to last year's points winner, and was very happy with how my car performed! :D

The "little" V-6 Buick turbo has proved again that it can be, and IS, competitive in racing events when properly set up. I was especially happy that 2 of my wins were over early Camaros with big-block V-8's! ;)

Here is link to a local site for events of all kinds, and they have lots of race info as well:

http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/5688

They also did a feature my car with some pics as well. ;)

Speedworld 2.jpg
Speedworld 1.jpg

After a long, hot summer as usual for us, the weather was very nice last night at the start of our racing season!

At Speedworld Drag Strip, 3 local racing groups all had their season opening events, and the turnout was fabulous, as was the track!

Buick racers made an igreat showing, especially in the highly competitive heads-up index classes running a pro light.

RJ Reynolds had an impressive win with his WE-4 in the 11.50 E.T. class, and Dave Johnson was right behind him is his show-quality GSX big-block car. :)

Guy C. was also there with his awesome white T for time runs, and was "booted" for his 10 sec. passes with no roll bar? :eek: Guess I will be seeing him in the shop shortly.:cool:

After a year and half of physical health issues, I was finally able to get back into the seat again at a competitive event which was the 10.0 E.T. heads-up class. I made it to the final round, and lost with a 0.022 break out to last year's points winner, and was very happy with how my car performed! :D

The "little" V-6 Buick turbo has proved again that it can be, and IS, competitive in racing events when properly set up. I was especially happy that 2 of my wins were over early Camaros with big-block V-8's! ;)

Here is link to a local site for events of all kinds, and they have lots of race info as well:

http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/5688

They also did a feature my car with some pics as well. ;)

View attachment 170544View attachment 170545
Nick your a class act in your seventies & still racing. Wish I were there able to keeping a better eye on Guy C. It sounds like the track officials finally lowered the boom on him for no roll bar.

GREAT JOB Nick!!!!!!!!!!

hope u keep up the racin!!!

Bring that car to B/G!!!!!

JD

YEA NICK!
good to see out and about.
glad to see speedworld still open!

Congrats Nick. Nice to see you back in the saddle. (and kicking butt):D
How did Guy do on his short times with the new wider tires? What was his ET and MPH?

Mike B.

Congratulations, Nick, glad to hear that you are doing well with your car.
Congratulations to Guy C. for a great solid run without a roll bar.
Glad to hear that everybody had a great time.

congrats nick. Wish i could have been there with you guys.

How much boost on your pass? 17?

Nick was smiling from ear to ear after each pass. It was nice to see him and Terry out at the track again. Congrats on your runner up to Travis. Not bad considering he hasn't lost a race in the past five events.

Good times! Sure miss 1/4 mile action.... hope to have some good TR competition when Autoclub Dragway opens! Planning to see everyone at the November race in AZ!