have not driven my car for over a month now!!!!! trans pro questions

Mr T type

so i have a 87 60# injectors, hot wire kit, high flow pump, and scanmaster G with a TT chip. i recently installed a new LC-1 innovate WB, a used powerlogger, and translator pro that came with the extender extreme chip. it came with the caspers quick connect but I wired the systems direct as instructed just for my own piece of mind. now i am new to ALL this stuff so i am kind off all over the place. what would be nice to know is what are the settings supposed to be for the trans pro? there is so damn many!! i did figure out how to make adjustments to the extender chip not like that is amazing..... doesnt matter which chip i install car runs like shit if it runs at all... think i would like to stay away from speed density for now just to keep it simple and i would like to just use the factory MAF. either chip would be fine i guess not sure what difference it makes. i really miss driving my car so any help would be great.

on a side note if i unplug the trans pro the car will run but roughly. gives me two codes low MAF and low air intake temp, due to factory wires being spliced. also the trans pro doesnt have dips switches correct, just the prescale jumper.

Do you have the manual? Are you using a LS1 maf? Is the Extender chip for maf or speed density? It is a learning curve but once you get the hang of it and get dialed in you won't be disappointed.

I have a manual, but it does not list default settings or a good base to start as far as I can find. I am pretty sure it is the stock MAF. It is the extender extreme pro chip and as far as I know it will handle both

There is a pre scale jumper inside the Tpro that has to be switched when using a maf. I suggest changing to speed density though.

Where are you located?

Dug my Translator Pro out and took a picture of the jumper you need to check. If memory serves, it needs to be in the ON position (as shown here) if you're going to run a MAF.

1a1298b78bcae81f56853fdb62fe70e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few settings you'll need to setup if running a MAF and while looking through the manual I'll try and point them out. Hopefully I'll get them right because I predominantly ran Speed Density.

I'll assume for now that you're running a stock MAF and want to keep things simple

CONFIG Page

Starting on page 11 of the manual
Vehicle select will be zero (0)
# of cylinders 6
Displacement in Liters 3.8 (if yours is still stock size)

Airfl Srce:
The simplest mode will be 10 (if you don't want to worry about tweaking the user tune tables). I you do want to use the user tune tables 11, 12 or 13 are available, but if going to that much trouble it would make more sense to run speed density.

MAP Source:
Select from the list if you're running one.

F-Out mode:
this will be set to (8) because you're running the Extender Pro

V-Out1 mde
V-Out2 mde
set Vout 1 to (1) Spark control
set Vout 2 to (whatever you want from the list) I had mine set ot (30) to monitor CF% because I ran speed density

AFR Source:
set the wideband you're using, if you have one.

F-In Mode:
set to (13) for your stock MAF

SETUP Page

Page 13 in the manual. These settings are at your discretion.

Beyond all that, read the manual carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome, thank you.. i am very willing to go speed density. i installed the air temp in the up pipe and everything already. i am just struggling so bad with this stuff that i am close to the point of giving up on it for awhile. i got my system used so i didnt receive the cd only a book. i am located in NM. speed density is my over all goal though. if i had the right support i think i would be willing to try it. i have been researching my life away and taking notes printing message board topics you name it and each day i go out and try to make some head way on this thing.thank you so much for any help you can provide

Not too much activity anymore, but you can find user manuals and a lot of old discussions at fullthrottletech.com

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Dave would you be willing to work with me to guide me to a successful SD setup? Hardware and wiring i think i have under control, its setpoints and tuning that i have the most problems with. if i could just get to a good starting point that would be great.

There are a few settings you'll need to setup if running a MAF and while looking through the manual I'll try and point them out. Hopefully I'll get them right because I predominantly ran Speed Density.

I'll assume for now that you're running a stock MAF and want to keep things simple

CONFIG Page

Starting on page 11 of the manual
Vehicle select will be zero (0)
# of cylinders 6
Displacement in Liters 3.8 (if yours is still stock size)

Airfl Srce:
The simplest mode will be 10 (if you don't want to worry about tweaking the user tune tables). I you do want to use the user tune tables 11, 12 or 13 are available, but if going to that much trouble it would make more sense to run speed density.

MAP Source:
Select from the list if you're running one.

F-Out mode:
this will be set to (8) because you're running the Extender Pro

V-Out1 mde
V-Out2 mde
set Vout 1 to (1) Spark control
set Vout 2 to (whatever you want from the list) I had mine set ot (30) to monitor CF% because I ran speed density

AFR Source:
set the wideband you're using, if you have one.

F-In Mode:
set to (13) for your stock MAF

SETUP Page

Page 13 in the manual. These settings are at your discretion.

Beyond all that, read the manual carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave would you be willing to work with me to guide me to a successful SD setup? Hardware and wiring i think i have under control, its setpoints and tuning that i have the most problems with. if i could just get to a good starting point that would be great.

I have been away from the Tpro for several years now, so I'd be struggling to remember what settings are best.

I switched over to Bob and Erik's SD2 system a couple years ago and like it much better! Either system works best with a wideband, temp sensor as you have yours and of course Powerlogger and a laptop for data logging. Oh, and the SD2 chip of course.

There are several TransPro current users on the board who may be way better with that system than I.

I certainly will pipe in you pose a question I know I can correctly answer. And there'll be others.

so this how i setup my LC-1 WB
http://www.turbotweak.com/turbotweakinstructions60.pdfis
I am going to try for speed density and this is what i have done so far

Installed Innovate LC-1 WB including the o2 sensor 28 " after the turbo
installed an extension harness and relocated the air intake temp to the up pipe
installed the extender extreme pro chip
60# injectors
hot wire kit and pump
powerlogger
scanmaster G
translator pro

these are my current settings in trans pro

CFG.
vehicle sel. mode; 0
# cylinders 6
3.8 liters
airfl mode Speed Density
Map source gm 3 bar
load source. use MAP
Baro mode. sea level
f-out mode. GN extreme/pro
v out 1 mode. spark control
v out 2 mode. CF%
AFR src. innovate lc-1
F-in mode. GN extreme
aux 1 mode aux trig off
flowerr mde. sd/tuned

i dont know anything about the setup menu stuff so i havent touched that. so input there would be great.
i will say car starts ok and i took it for a test drive and i am getting quite a bite of knock. i attached the file from my PL not sure if that will help

Attachments

• first run.dat
    51 KB · Views: 75
The LC-1 looks to be configured wrong or hooked up wrong. Try to bring it back to default and start over with programming it. Just changing the "error" output voltage. I think you want it to be 2.50. Everything else stays at default setting.

I can prolly get on the phone with you over the weekend and walk you through all the settings. I still run a Tpro in my GN. It really works well. You just have to get to know it.

if running SD, unplug whatever MAF you might have on the car. as a note, F-in mode needs to match the MAF sensor when running a MAF, and the Prescale jumper is ON for LS1 type MAFs, and OFF for a stock one.

look at the sensor monitor page, and step thru all the readings and post them here.

Bob

(I haven't looked at your log, going to do that now)

if running SD, unplug whatever MAF you might have on the car. as a note, F-in mode needs to match the MAF sensor when running a MAF, and the Prescale jumper is ON for LS1 type MAFs, and OFF for a stock one.

look at the sensor monitor page, and step thru all the readings and post them here.

Bob

Interesting, the manual on page 12 says ON for stock MAF.

Since he's running SD, should F in be set to (0) none (off). ??

Bob

bp-6.2 afl 6
ax1 0.00 afl 6
ax2 4.99 afl 6
tm 0.0 afl 5
rs 0afl 5
me oafl 6
egt" "
vol 0.0 " "
vo2 2.49 " "
cnt " "
rpm 935
mp 36.4