Headgasket set

xx2 on that, no. 3 for me but i have diamond pistons in my motor.I do know of test,s that has bee run on the GN stock pistons 25 psi and still going i think.I would say the Tta piston should do the same.heck it may be the same piston i dont no. what i do no its better to be safe then sorry later, forged for sure if you are rebuilding in the future.

The Pistons were not damaged in my motor.

It was 2 blown headgaskets blown, both in the center cylinder.
My tech working on the car said my motor has been rebuilt and the pistons and 30 over and the rings are just now seating. Which wouldn't be much miles on the motor.

Could have been too much boost on bad gas to have caused the headgaskets to pop, or when they put the heads on after the rebuild, they were not properly torqued.

Anyways I am going with Alky to compensate for the bad gas nowdays.
Don't know the full history of my car, only had it for a year.

Be glad they didnt have cometics on there.

See if you can get your hands on the head gaskets to see if they had any part number on them. It would at least identify if they used the proper gasket. Grey gaskets are typically OEm. Blue ones are Felpro.

See if the pistons have any number on the tops besides the .030

Told ya I doubted a damaged pistons.

Be glad they didnt have cometics on there.

See if you can get your hands on the head gaskets to see if they had any part number on them. It would at least identify if they used the proper gasket. Grey gaskets are typically OEm. Blue ones are Felpro.

See if the pistons have any number on the tops besides the .030

Told ya I doubted a damaged pistons.

My car is in GA getting worked on by Fred, he is supposed to call you about getting a Alky kit for my car. He can tell you about what he has done thus far.
He said he has Alky on all his turbobuick cars.

Plus I am going with 60# injectors that are match flowed from turbotweak, he is also putting a walbro 340 with a hotwire kit also. I have for a chip the turbotweak 5.6

I have the stock heads at a machine shop in GA, not going with the ported heads at this time.

He can tell you anything you need to know about the pistons, I have not seen it since it has been apart.

-Mike

2 head gaskets wow can anyone say lean you better have them check your fuel system and how MUCH boost you are running were your timing is at with your chip i would have eric marshall burn you a chip for your combo.

My car is in GA getting worked on by Fred, he is supposed to call you about getting a Alky kit for my car. He can tell you about what he has done thus far.
He said he has Alky on all his turbobuick cars.

Plus I am going with 60# injectors that are match flowed from turbotweak, he is also putting a walbro 340 with a hotwire kit also. I have for a chip the turbotweak 5.6

I have the stock heads at a machine shop in GA, not going with the ported heads at this time.

He can tell you anything you need to know about the pistons, I have not seen it since it has been apart.

-Mike

Fred knows these cars very well. Your in good hands.

The reservoir I use from GM to make a TTA kit has now been officially discontinued as of two months ago. I have only 1 left. If you plan on getting a kit from me.. this is the time. When this one goes bye bye.. the wheel will have to be re-invented for the TTA.