Hellcats Invitation to Turbo Buicks

I messed up the last post. I'll try again.

I must admit, it would be nearly impossible to fit this event into the complexities of my current situation. But it's nice to look forward at something to shoot for. I'm not concerned much about running my Buick against a fast Hellcat. Because the kind of boost I run to get into the mid 9's is the equivalent to running at just over half throttle.........at least, in the Buick world, it is.:cool:

I will admit, I personally am not comfortable making a pass in the 9's. I usually have a friend (with an NHRA license) drive the car these days. Getting him to come would just add to the complexity of fitting this event into late October.

But I will continue to entertain the possibility. Because, I know it would be sooooo much fun.:D
Ok, please try to attend, you can run in the 10's and still be on top (maybe-who knows). Not about the time slips it is about enjoying the track, talkin shit and drinking some beer when the racing is over. We have the entire track, get you car down here and bring friends. I want to run faster I am hoping to go 10.7 at the event but I may install methanol injection. Heck, run 11's or 12's or whatever you are comfortable with, just looking to have fun and a lot of laughs because there will be hellcats screwing up (smoking the tires at launch, missing shifts, etc.). No pro racers here, wanna bees, yes :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Ok, please try to attend, you can run in the 10's and still be on top (maybe-who knows). Not about the time slips it is about enjoying the track, talkin shit and drinking some beer when the racing is over. We have the entire track, get you car down here and bring friends. I want to run faster I am hoping to go 10.7 at the event but I may install methanol injection. Heck, run 11's or 12's or whatever you are comfortable with, just looking to have fun and a lot of laughs because there will be hellcats screwing up (smoking the tires at launch, missing shifts, etc.). No pro racers here, wanna bees, yes :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

It really is too bad we don't live near each other. I would love to line up against you, win or lose.

I'm thinking the beers and stories after the racing is done would be more fun than the racing itself........

You do realize that this is a lose lose situation ?
IF you do beat a few Buicks -- you just beat regular $30k cars that are 30 years old, and if you happen to lose to to a GN you just lost to a $30k that 30 year old car.
I also wouldn't expect any GNXs to show up so no bragging about taking out a GNX.

Ohh AND its only a V6.

It really is too bad we don't live near each other. I would love to line up against you, win or lose.

I'm thinking the beers and stories after the racing is done would be more fun than the racing itself........
I know lots of laughs and fun

You do realize that this is a lose lose situation ?
IF you do beat a few Buicks -- you just beat regular $30k cars that are 30 years old, and if you happen to lose to to a GN you just lost to a $30k that 30 year old car.
I also wouldn't expect any GNXs to show up so no bragging about taking out a GNX.

Ohh AND its only a V6.
That is one perspective, valid points if you are looking at from a standpoint of bragging rights or hardcore competition. Not where we are coming from, just looking to have a fun with other brands since we have the whole track for the day. If a killer 8 or 9 second buick is there, that is great, love to see him/her run, that will probably be fastest car there. Most of cars their will probably run in the high 11's to 13's; the hellcats 6 speeds will probably be in the high 11 or 12's do to novice drivers and it hard to drive the 6 speed Hellcat in the sub 11.7.

Regarding the age of the GN, yeah we all know the cars are old, shoot there are 68 hemi darts and Cudas running 9 flat (those cars are almost 50 years old).

We are not hardcore races just car enthusiasts who like cool cars regardless of brands look to share the day with other car enthusiasts for fun and more fun and your cars are plain cool. I see no lose lose situation, there are always faster cars. Just offering to share the track with you guys ;););)

If not interested, Ok, just thought I make the offer, we all go to the track for different reasons.

C'mon guys, just a V6

Attachments

• 1442585517446.jpg
    1442585517446.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 238
I'm certainly going to entertain the notion of attending. October has a lot of business scheduled travel time, so unfortunately, I'm on a "wait and see" basis.

My Buick is far from being "fast". Someday I hope to represent the Buick community a little stronger. But being a Jersey guy (albeit way up north in Jersey) it would be cool to meet up with a few people.

Ok try to give me a little notice, trying to lock down the head count. Do not worry about how fast you are, if you show up, if you want we can find cars that run a similar time to run against, or you can make solo passes. All about have some fun

No problem, I used to be on of their biggest proponents, but WHP basically told me to go somewhere else.

That's all cool. I will.

And I will absolutely MOTHERFUCK Wild Horse Pass at any time I am given the chance, I'll even do it when I'm not given that chance.

WILD HORSE MOTOR SPORTS PARK IS THE WORST MANAGED TRACK IN THE U.S.
Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.lol:ROFLMAO:

If this is still an open invitation, I'd like to throw my hat in. My cars not the fastest, but I would like to see how it performs down the 1/4. Just gotta get some drag radials before then. Hopefully some other Buicks will join in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To All:

A bunch of hellcat have rented the MIR dragstrip in Maryland (both lanes) on Thursday, October 29, 2015. You guys are invited to attend. The track rental is $ 1,800 for the day and will be split by all who race. Love to see some of you show up. There is plenty of time between now and then to talk trash (all in good fun).

Yes, I would like some competition between the cars. If you guys are not interested, I will move on. Please let me know, we just locked the date down and trying to get some competition. Racing Hellcats all day gets old. Since it is a private event there will be other cars there to, my friend my run his Porsche.

Will this be a recurring event? If you'd like to get a Hellcat vs. turbo Buick thing going, that would be cool, but many people will be going to the GS Nationals in Bowling Green KY, which is in mid October. If these events were more spread out, you may get a little higher turnout from the Buick crowd in the future. Is there a large Hellcat presence in Jersey?

Took the afternoon off from work hoping to see some racing. It was a shame the track was closed. Oh well... on a positive note, I took the car out for a little drive. Team Hellcat it was nice meeting you guys!

I took afternoon off too . I didn't see anyone there:grumpy:

I got there a little after one and I thought the same thing, but I ran into one of the Team Hellcat guys going into the track and I followed him in and met the group hanging out behind the stands. I BS'd with them for a little bit until they started to get ready to leave. That was about it. It was a shame about the track it looked like it would have been a good time.