Help! Best Product(s) for Bumper Filler Oxidation?? Please share your knowledge inside..

JCPerformance

Thank you in advance for all your wealth of knowledge and experience! Help mine look like new. They are not too bad, just looking for ideas and wondering of there is something better I'm missing...

Thanks again!

Replacement. You can polish them all you want, but they will still haze soon after.

Replacement. You can polish them all you want, but they will still haze soon after.

Yup. The haze is the plastic breaking down. Soon they will crumble.

The only fix is replacement.

Yup really, our 15k mike car was doing the same. Got spoolfool fillers now

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Really?? The car has been climate-control garage kept its entire life with only 21k miles...

Yup. It has very little to do with climate. The plastic breaks down on its own. Sure, exposure to sunlight and temperature cycles accelerates it, but it's inevitable. Being in the garage is why they didn't crumble twenty years ago.

Mine let go in 2014. After about three years wiping the haze off, they cracked and disintegrated. I replaced mine with Gbodyparts.com's pieces, which fit just fine.

Are spool fool still the best?

Depends on your criteria. If you're doing a show-car concourse restoration or want them to look original, then no. They don't match. Get the G-body Parts.com ones.

But if you don't care about it being completely original appearing (which 95% of us), Spoolfool's your man. Especially his one-piece rear filler. It's a beauty.