Help ordering a ECM chip

Justa_v6

Hello all

I am fairly new to the GN community and have been reading article upon article and cannot get over the amount of information here, I just got my car running after having it stored for over 2yrs, I now have re-gained momentum and have dove right in and cannot seem to stop thinking and obsessing over this car.:biggrin:

After careful consideration I have finally decided on one of the first mods I am going to do, I would like to order a turbo tweak chip but ran into a small problem, I was going through the order check list and was asked for information that I do not know how to get. I am converting to 86-87 ECM which I already have (35.00 at the junkyard) I would like to order the MAF translator, LS1 MAF and turbo tweak chip

TurboTweak - Turbo Buick Custom Chips and Parts

1 My torque converter, how or what do I look for to identify it? (The transmission has been worked on it has a Art Carr metal tag with a serial number on it)

2. The turbo how do I know if is the stock turbo or upgraded? (When I bought the car I can’t recall if the seller told me it was replaced or upgraded)
I also looked at this photo guide but was still not able to id my turbo. I guess I am wondering is there some kind of code or marking on the outside that would let me know what I have without taking it apart.
Turbocharger Guide

3. How do I find out what kind of camshaft I have?

4. Injector size? I tried looking up the part number for the injector but have not been able to find out what the flow rate is? (Part number will be posted as soon as I find it, not in front of me at the moment). I believe they are stock though I have gone through the picture tech articles here and they do not look or match up to any of these.
Injector Photo Guide

Looks like I am the only one left. I have a few answers which will help.

When you upgrade the ECM remember to use your 84/85 calpak chip and have TT burn off the MAT sensor when you order your chip. The MAF sensor and translator can be either an LT1 or LS1. I chose the LT1 simply for the same size-3 inch. I would only get these from TT or Fullthrottle. Less chance for a screw up. The turbocharger id is simple. The link is self explanatory. Turbocharger Guide. The question on cam and torque converter are most likely a FM unless you tear the car apart. Injector size can be found out by part number. I would ask Eric at TT before you order your chip that the cam and torque converter are unknown. Brad