1980 Buick

I got out my my 87 "T", and the headliner's sagging "big-time" ... ("nothing new here"). Anyway, I have a trim Guy whom will do this (recover everything), but I wondered about the Sun-Visor's:

Can anyone lend-me counsel with regard as to HOW the (on the deteriorating visor's) can be re-done ? This guy says the material on the visor DOOR can't be removed, and that he'd have to try an "glue" a piece of this same fabric, and then try an "tuck" it underneath, as it won't come apart ...

He warns I should try an live-with-it ....

Would anyone know IF that is in fact the case ?

I.O.W: Would / or CAN this part "door" actually be separated / taken apart without ruining it ?
*I don't wanna be sorry and hurt / break the thing !

ANY help appr. !!

I,sent my visors to a guy out west, i think washington st. Had one regular and the lighted passenger side. Cost me 180.00 bucks as i had him put the 6 logo on them. Google sunvisors for grand nationals, they were exspensive but the guy did an outstanding job and they were in bad, bad condition and came back perfect.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here are my visors, dont mind the little marks in them that is from where they are stored. The guy completely restores them.

Yea if you saw them when I sent them to him you would think, throw this junk away. Sorry cant remember his name but i found him doing google search.