Help - Won't Stay Running

fgordon

Waitin For The Majic
My non-XFI FAST equipped engine will start and run about 3 seconds and die. The fuel pressure is good. I have just moved this engine, engine harness and FAST system from another car that ran fine. I can't figure out the problem. Anyone have any ideas on where to begin tracking this down?

Does your chip match the injectors? Are your plugs wet when it stalls or bone dry? If dry, can you keep the engine running if you introduce extra fuel (into the tb or through a vacuum hose)?

Same engine and fuel system removed from the other car. Nothing was changed. This has to be a wiring, connection, or possibkly a sensor problem since the complete engine/FAST/fuel system/engine harness worked well in the other car. The only changes were the addition of an electric water pump and new alternator.

Should be 100kpa or close to it with key on engine off. It should aslo hold pretty stedy. If the number is jumping around eraticly, thats no good.
Another place to watch this is in the ve ve table. Open it up and watch the blip floating over the grid. Just like above, it should hold pretty steady with key on engine off.

Should be 100kpa or close to it with key on engine off. It should aslo hold pretty stedy. If the number is jumping around eraticly, thats no good.
Another place to watch this is in the ve ve table. Open it up and watch the blip floating over the grid. Just like above, it should hold pretty steady with key on engine off.

Thanks, I checked the MAP and found a broken wire. It runs fine now, thanks for your help it led me right to the problem......Frank

Pics of Winter Project

Last weeks photos. Shifter going in today and then taking care of the cosmetics. This thing should weigh about #2600 (dry) and make well north of 700hp. Maybe I can get a dyno before we go to the track. I've got to change my sig.

Attachments

• 000_0420Smb.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 000_0427Smb.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 000_0436Smb.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 89
Last weeks photos. Shifter going in today and then taking care of the cosmetics. This thing should weigh about #2600 (dry) and make well north of 700hp. Maybe I can get a dyno before we go to the track. I've got to change my sig.

Nice grocery get'r Frank. Should beat the vette non problem. :eek:

sick,

Todays pics. Those stick-on headlights look real. Shifter didn't arrive today. I got a voice message on my phone from Summit saying that my next day shipment wasn't shipped until today. Must be the holiday rush, I usually get good service from them.

Attachments

• 000_0438Smb.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 000_0440Smb.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 000_0442Smb.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 75