Houston Buick Club Chili Cookout Feb. 3rd. TECH SESSION

86TexasT

The Houston Buick Club is having a Chili Cookout Saturday Feb. 3rd. @ Cunningham Auto Repair Service, 8600 Knight Rd. Houston, Tx. 77054 713-796-8744. Its located by Reliant Stadium, inside 610 S. Loop between Almeda & Fannin. Starts at 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. Bring your favorite Chili, or bring chips or drinks. We are having door prizes & 50/50 drawing. TECH SESSION: LS1 front brake conversion for the Regals & G bodies. I will have mine installed on my car to show. Todd Kay is bringing his '87 GN down from Bryan, TX. He has LS1 rear disc brakes also. I will do a bench assembly & have list of necessary parts needed. These brakes require 16" or bigger wheels. Bring your wheel to see if it will fit.

LS1 Front Brakes Installed, big difference even at normal braking. I will have a set assembled on the bench FOR SALE if anyone is interested. Weatherman says: "NO RAIN". You know they are never wrong, ha ha

Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday. We had a great crowd, lots of Turbo Cars showed up, including Frank Weeks TTA. A few V8 cars showed up, including David Hom`s '72 GS Stage 1 convertable, Victor`s '73 Centurian convert. & Nick`s '69 GS convert.. Had several kinds of Chili. LS1 tech session went well. Thanks to Todd Kay, brought his car down from Bryan to show us front & rear disc brake conversions. Other members came in from Bellville, Conroe, Deerpark, & Galveston.

Thanks to Robert for hosting and to the HBC members for the hospitality. Good bunch of guys to hang out with, wish I was closer to be able to join in on more events.
Todd Kay

Was nice to come out and meet some fellow TB owners, looking forward to that race in Waco, should have the car ready for it.

Really liked the tech session, learned quite a bit, defintely put that brake install up on the list of things to do.

~Bryan.

Enjoyed meeting some new faces, not to forget about the Chili. Didnt know we had such good cooks.

Kudos to Robert for having the HBC @ his place of business. And to all that took the time to be there.

John

Installed LS1 front brakes on my sons '84 GN. Stop great. His "Kirban" American Racing 16" wheels clear the calipers better than my GTA front wheels.