How much could this effect my car?

turbowannabe

Hey guys,

Well I'm rooting out problems with my new car and just recently discovered that instead of having a Joe lubrant street chip like I was told, I actually have a Joe chip that says "P.T.E. 100 Octane or Alky; 23#; 100% D.C.". To me, that doesn't sound like any sort of chip you would run on the street without high octane fuel. I thought it was a street chip so I was running 93 octane in it, with the DIY alky kit that automatically turns on around 13lbs. Even with the alky on I would think it would need the 100 octane fuel to make up for when the the alcohol isn't on which is 90% or more of the time.

The car is getting horrible gas mileage, I'm trying to tune it now to get things straightened out and I know that this chip is definately holding things back. My Blm's and integrator are maxed after the car gets warmed up. When I cold start it they bounce around. I'm also getting low 02 numbers and the code 44 (lean code). It drives decently except for right off the idle, and I saw one degree of knock retard when I boosted up to only 8lbs. Let me know what you think.

thanks
Dan

Chip sounds right, it is burnt for 100 octane gas or alky and your running alky so the chip should be fine on the street with 93 octane. Are you getting any knock at WOT? If your getting knock before the alky kicks on try turning the turn on point for the alky down to about 10lbs. Sounds like your o2 sensor is bad or you have a huge vaccum leak, that's why your blm and intergrator are maxed out and your getting bad gas mileage. I would say change your o2 sensor, check all your vaccum lines for leaks, cracks, maybe one blew off. Make sure the chip is burnt for 50lb injectors also. HTH