Howdy.

texasmr2

I am Gregg. Thinking it is about time for a Grand National.

Hope everyone is having a great day and it is nice to be here,
Gregg

Last edited:
Gregg,
Welcome to the site. Find out what else this GN has done to it. If it has Welds and a modded hood, lots more stuff has most likely been done. Some of this may be good stuff and some may be a red flag as to a troubled past. Let us know what you find. Also let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Gregg,
Welcome to the site. Find out what else this GN has done to it. If it has Welds and a modded hood, lots more stuff has most likely been done. Some of this may be good stuff and some may be a red flag as to a troubled past. Let us know what you find. Also let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Hey Mike,
Regarding that specific GN it was just because it is local yet may have issues and it is not 100% OE (hood changed and OE rims changed and not saved and no telling about having proper service or records). Stated as a 74+K mile car but the CarFax information raises some concerns. Also the dealership never returned my interest emails and when I spoke with them the car is "cash only" which raises a few red flags. I am a driver and not a collector so modifications are not a big concern but proper service and up keep are paramount.

I have loved and wanted a GN since they were first introduced, played mechanic for over 30yrs and have plenty of turbo experience so the "wrenching" aspect is not an issue. My only real issue is because of the models age and unfortunately I will need financing, "Stuck like Chuck" I am, lol!

Dealing with the "stage four" cancer issue and being a GN junky I decided it was time to pursue the dream, bucket list in other terms.

I appreciate your reply and all others,
Gregg

Gregg,
As a skydiver, we have a saying. "Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives". I will be doing some jumps tomorrow and will keep you in my prayers. Bottom line: you need to get with the people in your area and get one of these things. They will rock your world. They are the most satisfying hot rod I've ever seen. You can do so much, with so little. You can take a bone stock one, add a few things and smoke a Hell cat. All this and cruise, AC and 25 mpg. These things are FREAKS! The ultimate sleeper, EVER!

Mike B.

Mike,
You hit the nail on the head man! I have a few "iron's in the fire" but I am not rushing into anything.

I will be rolling as soon as possible though.

Gregg

Kirban's books would be a huge resource for you. If interested, check them out at Kirban Performance online.

Kirban's books would be a huge resource for you. If interested, check them out at Kirban Performance online.

Definitely, good call. I checked out their website a few days back, I am familiar with them but had forgotten about them so thanks for the reminder. I just reviewed their book/DVD section and can already feel my wallet getting lighter.

Last edited: