I learn by my mistakes!!!

Old_Man_HyPsi87

Hey Everybody!
I felt like an idiot on this one, but it is worth mentioning!
My IAC motor quit working for some reason so I replaced it...
I took my T-Clamp(think that it what it is called?)off the end of the throttle body to gain better access to the IAC. when I put it back on, I put the stud/spring/nut assy. so it was parallel to the ground and pointing towards the drivers side fender...Everything looked cool and I took it to get aligned the next day...I was about 500 ft. from the entrance to where I work and decided to go WOT for a little show... The thottle linkage went past the T-Clamp, I felt it in the pedal as it went past it, and it stuck WFO !!!
I hit the brakes (vacuum system) and she kept pushing on down the road with the front tires locked up and skidding down the road!!! I thought OH SH#$ you know what I mean?...needed a roll of toilet paper at that point?
YEAH!!! anyway I was able to keep a clear head and simply turned the key off, coming to a nice calm stop but! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS AND LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!! Be careful!!! I just threw away my shorts and bought new ones!!!! LOL!!! Later Jeff

I had mine turned that way one time. I looked at it and thought to myself... "That sure would suck if the throttle caught on that and stuck wide open."... So I turned it a different way. :D

Glad you got her under control. ;)

Hey Everybody!
I felt like an idiot on this one, but it is worth mentioning!
My IAC motor quit working for some reason so I replaced it...
I took my T-Clamp(think that it what it is called?)off the end of the throttle body to gain better access to the IAC. when I put it back on, I put the stud/spring/nut assy. so it was parallel to the ground and pointing towards the drivers side fender...Everything looked cool and I took it to get aligned the next day...I was about 500 ft. from the entrance to where I work and decided to go WOT for a little show... The thottle linkage went past the T-Clamp, I felt it in the pedal as it went past it, and it stuck WFO !!!
I hit the brakes (vacuum system) and she kept pushing on down the road with the front tires locked up and skidding down the road!!! I thought OH SH#$ you know what I mean?...needed a roll of toilet paper at that point?
YEAH!!! anyway I was able to keep a clear head and simply turned the key off, coming to a nice calm stop but! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS AND LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!! Be careful!!! I just threw away my shorts and bought new ones!!!! LOL!!! Later Jeff

There was a reason it was clocked that way:eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope your not scared of it now LOL:wink:
Does it make good power? LOL
When are you going to call so we can BS about your car?
Gene

New Brown Stain?

Nope!! I am not scared to drive her...got over that already!
Now if I could figure out how to get that brown stain out of that grey cloth!!!:redface:
I would give you a call Geno...I am worried about good timing!! when is a good time to call! I assume you are a busy, busy guy...