I need opinions about the Translator MAF setup

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
My MAF crapped on me and I am heavily thinking of going with the Translator LT1 MAF setup. Are there any concerns or drivability issues with them? I would prefer responses from people who drive their cars on the street/daily use. I have heard too many bad stories about reman units and non-GM MAFs so I would like to stay with factory quality. Thanks!

Tom

I used it on the street for a long time and it worked great. When I went Felpro, I sold the set up to my friend. Now he loves it. I recently bought another set of Translator/LT1 MAF Sensor for my T. Get it, you'll like it.

I have the translator and GM 3" MAF on my TTA. After my stock MAF shat the bed, i borrowed a reman from a friend and my car ran like crap. I bought a used translator for $70 and found a 3 inch MAF in a junk yard for $20. So less then $100, I have a newer style MAF with translator. My TTA runs so much smoother now, especially at idle. Definatly go for the newer style!
~Murt

Daily driven since the first sale date after they came out. :)

Latest software upgrades and extender extreme chip with modified ECM for the 55s works great.

Make sure you get the latest software in it if you want the best for a daily driver and compatibility with the latest style extender chips.

Much better than the older version software in MHO.

Get the T+ too.

Put 600 miles on her so far this week.

:eek:

Can't say enough good stuff. I drive my car every day (even in the constant rain here in seattle, damn t-tops) and haven't had any problems with it so far. I even moved my MAF to be blow-through. I agree on the latest version of the extender chip having some cool features.

ADAM

when I bought my 87 it idled rough, did the tune up and stuff and still rough idle, changed out the maf, no luck, picked up the translator and lt1 maf and the idle smoothed out. I puckered that up though, went and installed a chrome maf pipe to turbo now I am getting code for no maf, have to go back and check the wiring when I get time.... I would change over....IMO oh yeah daily driver too