iac?

S

shag

Just wondering should the engine be at operating temps before trying to adjust the iac?

and what is the appropriate rpm range to set it at?
joe l says 650
the manual says 550

Do you have a scan tool that can monitor IAC numbers??

Yep have scanmaster 2.0 and DS.
went out and let it run till it hit 170.
while running my sm2 said: AF 6, iac 28, blm98, int 128.
my fuel press is 40 line off.
all these were at idle in park, ac off postion

i also changed a couple vacuum lines. and gave the pcv the blow test, it wouldnt stop the air either way i blew.
i also have an inline check it seems to work.

Originally posted by shag
Yep have scanmaster 2.0 and DS.
went out and let it run till it hit 170.
while running my sm2 said: AF 6, iac 28, blm98, int 128.
my fuel press is 40 line off.
all these were at idle in park, ac off postion

i also changed a couple vacuum lines. and gave the pcv the blow test, it wouldnt stop the air either way i blew.
i also have an inline check it seems to work.

IAC's of 28 warmed up in park aren't too bad. Higher than I like to see or recommend, but not too bad. I prefer them to be in the 10-15 range. This can be accomplished by watching the IAC while the engine is idling, and turning the air bleed screw CW. Small amounts, maybe a 1/4 turn at most at a time. The enine will see the throttle position change (opening more) and set the IAC's lower to compensate and bring the idle back to commanded rpm. All this takes about 3-5 seconds. You shouldn't need very much to bring them from 28 into the teens. You might also need to tweak the TPS idle position, since changing the air bleed screw will affect the TPS idle setting. Keep your idle TPS settings at or about .40 to .42 when you're done.

Thanks Dave, i got them down to 10-12 range, and the tps is 44-4.58
hopefully this will take care of the cold start problems;