idle issues

sdteb

trying to get it like you
so yesterday took her out for a drive and the car coming down to idle proceeds to die and idle once started back up is lumpy, had to use the gas to start back up and hold the throttle open slightly to stay running....let it cool back down...all normal...take for a drive again...same thing...

car was running great after the new motor installed over winter....

only semi recent addition is translator and i did install a new iac.....

seem like iac issue....unplugged computer and work fine for a few mins...then same shit.... WTH

Sounds like the TPS sensor is on it's way out.

Do you have a scanmaster to check the TPS with?

There are no mal codes or check engine light?
I was having the same issue my iac and tps were off big time, would stall at a stop rough start up and idle a buddy sent me a link to gnttype and it shows how to reset the iac and set the tps but you do need a scanmaster

I was having the same issue my iac and tps were off big time, would stall at a stop rough start up and idle a buddy sent me a link to gnttype and it shows how to reset the iac and set the tps but you do need a scanmaster

I've set them recently with new iac. Doing it again. Will replace with another iac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric's.....this is just a weird issue...like vacuum problem that comes and goes...no such vacuum issues....very strange

What version TT chip? If it's a closed loop idle chip, that may have something to do with the problem.
Some cars have a hard time with closed loop idle. Later TT chips have open loop idle to help with this.

Also what brand 02 sensor are you using?

Last edited:
Haven't had any issues before with his chips. Let me look tomorrow a the version

It could be the 02 sensor itself. Try unplugging the 02 and see how it runs. It will set a code but its ok to drive and test.