Illinois GN's, 110 unleaded for $4 in Barrington!!

GNVYUS 1

On route 59 in Barrington there is a Philips 66 thats has 110 unleaded for $4 a gallon. :eek: :biggrin:

It is in between Route 14 ( Northwest Hwy ) and Lake Cook Rd.

Its all by itself in the back corner and you can pump it right in the tank unlike leaded Race fuels.

By the way, for you northern boys, a Citgo on Route 12 in Fox Lake has 110 leaded for the same price.

I thought I read somewhere that 108 was as high as unleaded could go but its unleaded 110.

You sure it's 110 and not 100? We have 100 octane unleaded around here for $4.29 a gallon and it's Rocket Brand Race Fuel. I've never heard of anything about 108 in an unleaded.... something just doesn't seem right. If it was 110 unleaded it would be much higher priced since the 108 I think is like $8 a gallon.

Sounds odd to me too but its says 110 unleaded on the pump and then $4 in the window.

There is a Citgo that has 110 leaded here for $4 so the price is not what I think is odd, its the 110 unleaded part.

I will be able to tell for sure as I am going to put the same amount of 100oct I put in my talon and if I can get some more psi out of it this will be for real.

I have been running that gas from that station the past 4 years with no problems. My heated O2 sensor is lasting for several years. In fact, it's the same gas I run on the street and at the track. While plain pump gas has skyrocketed in price, that race gas has stayed pretty much the same price all this time. If you are buying the gas on a Thursday night, check out the very nice cruise night in Barrington. Paul

Last year, the Speed way at 183rd and Harlem had 110 for $3.89. :D I'm hoping price hasn't changed this year.

I will try to make that cruise night in Barrington. Never heard about that one but that area seems to have a cool old school street rod look to it.

Seems like 110 is more common at the pump than I thought.

Paul, what boost and timing are you pushing with it? That would answer the is the 110 for real question.

The last time I checked a week ago, 110 is $3.89 by me, RT64 and RT47, I think it's a Marathon.

HTH
Prasad

DCVING 6 said:
Last year, the Speed way at 183rd and Harlem had 110 for $3.89. :D I'm hoping price hasn't changed this year.

Actually, last year and earlier this year it was 3.39/ gal. Now it's 3.99.

I thought I would revive this one as prices have skyrocketed while regular gas prices are pretty much the same as when I started this thread.

Barrington - Phillips 66 on Route 59 is now $4.99 a gallon for 110 octane.

Mundelein - Marathon on Route 60 is $5.49 a gallon for 100 octane.

Schaumburg - Gas City on Higgins is $5.39 a gallon for 100 octane.

Post the town, station, streets, price and octane if you can.
I need to find more locations as the Barrington one has had some problems for about 2 weeks now and buying the 100 octane to mix is pointless.

"Barrington - Phillips 66 on Route 59 is now $4.99 a gallon for 110 octane. "

I went by there last week and the pump nozzle was covered with a plastic wrap. It looks like they are out until next year.

That gas still is a mystery to me. It is unleaded and comes out of an unleaded size pump. I wonder what the brand is? I've used it and raced with it for several years with no issues so I hope they have it again soon. Paul

Hey Paul, I was there earlier this week and a guy was pumping fuel out of it and then pouring it into another pipe nearby. He said when they changed over to the newer pump that they plumbed it wrong. The 110 was on the left side and now it is on the right. I would of hated to of been that car and diesel truck that got the mixed up fuel.

I called Phillips and the guy on the phone was unaware that they sold 110 unleaded. He asked if it was in a Phillips fuel pump and I said yes, he thought it was bought elsewhere and just sold there in the corner. No one at the station can vouch for anything concerning that gas either. I would really like for Phillips to look into it so I am going to call them again and hope to get someone else to help me.

Hi Mike. A friend of mine lives around the corner from the owner of that gas station. The man is known as being kind of "shady" according to my friend. He also owns that station in palatine accross from the YMCA.

Who knows what kind of 110 that is but I have used it at the track and ran 10's with it so even if it contains toxic waste, it worked in my car. It will be interesting to see what it really is.

GO BEARS! Paul

rt 50(cicero) and third st. in Manteno Il. stocks 110 leaded in the spring to fall for 3.59. It was a citgo but now a shell and they said it will be back.

rt 50(cicero) and third st. in Manteno Il. stocks 110 leaded in the spring to fall for 3.59. It was a citgo but now a shell and they said it will be back.

If i had 110 that cheap near me id build all my cars around it and run it all the time.

That Shell is an hour and a half away from me, not that desperate yet. LOL

Paul I believe you on the shaddy thing, I have yet to see any website that says 110 unleaded, 108 unleaded is the highest I have seen.

It does a much better job when I mix 5 gallons of 110 with 7 gallons of 93 vs 5 gallons of 100 with 7 gallons of 93 so it has to be higher than 100.

My Denso 02 sensor in my Talon lasted about 40k miles with that mix above everyday so I doubt it has lead in it, but I also doubt it's 110.

Bears by 7 !!!!