In search of rebuild advice

TOMS86GN

After being at the shop the verdict on my block came in today. The crank is still good, the heads are cracked, so here is where I am a little stuck. My goal is a mid 10s, street car with the ability to eventually hit the 9s. Im thinking of going to aluminum heads, what do you all recommend. The internals will be strong but should I worry about the stock crank? Should i change the compression ratio? and what size cam do you guys recommend? It will be a roller setup.

Thanks

Champion GN1 aluminums should get you there. I wouldn't use a stock crank though.

You want to make lots of power and your engine is at the shop - even if the crank is good, it will still need some work so why invest $ in a crank that is not up to your goals. Used crank and rods are not worth saving to build an engine around that is going for 9's.

Just do it right - right now and get a stroker kit that has the pistons, rods, and crank. Get the SFI balancer and flex plate, and get the aluminum heads - got alky and a WBO2 sensor yet?

Think champion aluminum and full throttle stroker kit:biggrin: Oh Im sorry. I forgot the roller cam setup:eek: