In the 7,s

It was a blown aluminum BBC on alcohol i believe:eek:
He qualified in the 2nd spot for this race
Most of these guys had alot more car than me:wink:
RH Race Cars Canada West Doorslammers
The rules are:
Run 8.7 or better to get in and have doors and no electronics and then dial in:smile:

From the in car video, it seems like it has a rich bog during the whole middle RPM range, then smooths out and starts to pull hard during the higher RPMs. Any truth to this thought?

You have no idea how many people critic my car and tell me what im doing wrong:rolleyes:Funny thing is not one person has been faster in 60ft or had a better ET. I know they are trying to help but i would like to think im doing pretty good for not changing a thing sense i built the car and i know it needs some fine tuning but its all about $$$$$$$$$$$ and time:smile: Sorry im not going off on you just have had alot of emails and messages telling me what im doing wrong or its not running right:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey Gene, you're doing it wrong.

FIRST you gotta run an engine that'll make power. Everyone knows a Buick can't make power. Surely it will never make enough torque to run anything under a 1.40 60ft. time.

Second, You gotta put a smaller tire on it cuase there is no way a V6 could ever turn a big tire like that.

THIRD, what are the wheelie bars for? I mean come on! Get real POSER!

FOURTH, Where's the intercooler anyway? You gotta run one of those ice chest box thingies to get the boost cooled where it'll make power.

Fifth, Alcohol? THAT'S for drinkin'

Sixth................:biggrin:

WHO in the heck is telling you that it's wrong? ....What ever. For a car that wasn't built by Haas/Bickle, with a team of highly paid engineeers,..............YOU had to assemble your engine at 1:00am when you were at work at 5:30 am that day, fixing a mega dollar trans that didn't work,trying to work a normal job, build a shop, start a new business, remodel grandma's house, fix a motor home, fix a trailer, figure out how to solve just about all the engineering in your car, Making me re-do most of what I did, setting up Turbo Thunder for years.............. I think your car is a FLAWLESS performer.
Don't let the bass-turds get you down.:mad:

Sorry gene I was curious for my own sake.
I figured that was the case but ive had so many people comment on what im doing wrong its kinda taken its toll on me:biggrin::frown::frown: No matter what i run somebody's friends dad has went faster with less and got it right the first time right out of the box:rolleyes:The people that know what it takes to go 7.s with a Buick V6 just say nice or congrats and respect you. They have been there and know its not as easy as some may think to risk all that money and time:eek::eek:Let alone getting hurt...

Now there is a reply

FIRST you gotta run an engine that'll make power. Everyone knows a Buick can't make power. Surely it will never make enough torque to run anything under a 1.40 60ft. time.

Second, You gotta put a smaller tire on it cuase there is no way a V6 could ever turn a big tire like that.

FOURTH, Where's the intercooler anyway? You gotta run one of those ice chest box thingies to get the boost cooled where it'll make power.

WHO in the heck is telling you that it's wrong? ....What ever. For a car that wasn't built by Haas/Bickle, with a team of highly paid engineeers,..............YOU had to assemble your engine at 1:00am when you were at work at 5:30 am that day, fixing a mega dollar trans that didn't work,trying to work a normal job, build a shop, start a new business, remodel grandma's house, fix a motor home, fix a trailer, figure out how to solve just about all the engineering in your car, Making me re-do most of what I did, setting up Turbo Thunder for years.............. I think your car is a FLAWLESS performer.

Can I get an AMEN?........................ H E L L yeah

You have no idea how many people critic my car and tell me what im doing wrong:rolleyes:Funny thing is not one person has been faster in 60ft or had a better ET. I know they are trying to help but i would like to think im doing pretty good for not changing a thing sense i built the car and i know it needs some fine tuning but its all about $$$$$$$$$$$ and time:smile: Sorry im not going off on you just have had alot of emails and messages telling me what im doing wrong or its not running right:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gene, your new car flat works! You got it to run a seven after only a couple trips to the track. It's very obvious to me that you, Cal, and anybody else who has helped one bit on that car knows exactly what they are doing! Keep up the good work buddy!

Take care!
Scott

Well put! With that schedule, I don't know how the hell he gets anything accomplished. I think of several reasons why not to go out to the garage everyday! :biggrin:

Geno,
You have already accomplished what so many of us only dream about and WOW you know there's more left. I think there are people that don't know what an ALCOHOL engine sounds like. That's one BAD ASS hot rod.

SWEET :biggrin:
You my friend are one of the people that inspired me to build this car and gave me alot of info on how to build it right:smile::smile:Im hoping you will come to Turbo Thunder if you dont have a gig to play :smile: